Why has a seller banned me after I let them know I hadn’t received my item.

Message 1 of 17
Latest reply
5 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

There is obviously a lot more to the story than what you have said

So without any details, other buyers and sellers can't say

It would be very unlikely they banned you if you simply sent a message saying something has not arrived, after allowing for delays 

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 17
Latest reply

How do you know you are banned? Have to tried to buy something else from them? Have you sent a message that would offend them? Have you immediately complained the moment it did not arrive on the exact "estimated" date? Did you just send a polite message or have you opened a case for "item not received"?  A lot of Sellers are having problems and getting abused by unreasonable buyers who expect everything exactly on time regardless of the current Pandemic and the massive delays and the fact that sellers do not estimate the delivery date, it is a "guess" put up by eBay. If any of the above rings true, then you have your answer.

Message 4 of 17
Latest reply

Some sellers block any buyer who claims non-receipt, especially if it's the first time they've dealt with them.

It's happened to us in the past when a seller just refunded and blocked, no message or other contact.

I guess it's their way of minimising their losses.

They assume that if 1 item is lost, others might be also (whether because the buyer is trying to score a freebie, or maybe live in a high-risk address where items can easily go missing).

Not saying that most buyers try to scam sellers, because they don't, but some sellers won't take that risk.

Message 5 of 17
Latest reply

@wide-world-of-stamps wrote:
Some sellers block any buyer who claims non-receipt, especially if it's the first time they've dealt with them.

It's happened to us in the past when a seller just refunded and blocked, no message or other contact.

They assume that if 1 item is lost, others might be also (whether because the buyer is trying to score a freebie, or maybe live in a high-risk address where items can easily go missing).

Not saying that most buyers try to scam sellers, because they don't, but some sellers won't take that risk.

I have just done the same thing to a buyer. The guy was a total nutter. Around a dozen messages, lots of CAPS, angry at ebay and expecting me to side with him. etc. He probably doesnt think he is doing anything wrong. Its just the way he always carries on, but my life is too short to deal with it. 

When the item not recieved claim came in for one of several items it was refund, block, move on and hope I never cross paths with him again.

Message 6 of 17
Latest reply

Basically, sellers can block anyone they want to and for any reason.

People are all different and some sellers will block at the first sign of any trouble with a buyer, others won't.

You say you are blocked by that seller. You could only know this if the seller told you this or if you tried to buy a second item and found yourself unable to.

Look at it this way. The seller has probably blocked you because they perceive you as trouble. On the other hand, you're entitled to a refund so even if it risks being blocked, it is worth making an item not received claim with ebay any time something doesn't arrive.

It's not the end of the world if a seller blocks you, there are plenty of other sellers on ebay.

Message 7 of 17
Latest reply
16 REPLIES 16

I don't know why as you have not provided the exchange that took place between you & the seller..

What was the Last Estimated Delivery Date?

Have you allowed for delays due to virus issues?

Message 2 of 17
Latest reply

There is obviously a lot more to the story than what you have said

So without any details, other buyers and sellers can't say

It would be very unlikely they banned you if you simply sent a message saying something has not arrived, after allowing for delays 

Message 3 of 17
Latest reply

How do you know you are banned? Have to tried to buy something else from them? Have you sent a message that would offend them? Have you immediately complained the moment it did not arrive on the exact "estimated" date? Did you just send a polite message or have you opened a case for "item not received"?  A lot of Sellers are having problems and getting abused by unreasonable buyers who expect everything exactly on time regardless of the current Pandemic and the massive delays and the fact that sellers do not estimate the delivery date, it is a "guess" put up by eBay. If any of the above rings true, then you have your answer.

Message 4 of 17
Latest reply

Message 5 of 17
Latest reply

@wide-world-of-stamps wrote:

I have just done the same thing to a buyer. The guy was a total nutter. Around a dozen messages, lots of CAPS, angry at ebay and expecting me to side with him. etc. He probably doesnt think he is doing anything wrong. Its just the way he always carries on, but my life is too short to deal with it. 

When the item not recieved claim came in for one of several items it was refund, block, move on and hope I never cross paths with him again.

Message 6 of 17
Latest reply

Basically, sellers can block anyone they want to and for any reason.

People are all different and some sellers will block at the first sign of any trouble with a buyer, others won't.

You say you are blocked by that seller. You could only know this if the seller told you this or if you tried to buy a second item and found yourself unable to.

Look at it this way. The seller has probably blocked you because they perceive you as trouble. On the other hand, you're entitled to a refund so even if it risks being blocked, it is worth making an item not received claim with ebay any time something doesn't arrive.

It's not the end of the world if a seller blocks you, there are plenty of other sellers on ebay.

Message 7 of 17
Latest reply

Could'nt have bothered you too much since it took you a year to respond to it

Not all responses can be as helpful and thought provoking as yours 

Message 8 of 17
Latest reply

How about same day? Somebody else seems to have bumped it 12 months later, assuming no redaction.

Message 9 of 17
Latest reply

lesson to be learned by all of us when replying to someone who bumps a thread with a stupid comment:

start your reply to the bumper with the “@userID” method in case the bumper’s post gets removed (as happened here).

I can’t post what the bumper posted because that is now moderated content, suffice to say that sandypebbles’ post was an appropriate reply . . . which is why I gave it the thumbs up shortly after sandy posted.

Message 10 of 17
Latest reply