Why is eBay & PayPal allowed to operate when 'support' is non existent

Message 1 of 6
Latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

eBay & PayPal have nil problems collecting fees etc but 'support' is virtually non existent outside some pathetic 'assistant'..add the last human being I had message contact with couldn't use a keyboard or spell???
Message 2 of 6
Latest reply

Did you have a question/problem fellow buyers and sellers here can assist with?

Why eBay or PayPal do/don't do things aside, members here can almost always give far better/more accurate information than someone with  pre-written script 

Otherwise, people usually need to try Live Chat more than once before they get a CS rep who can be bothered typing anything other than what the screen prompts tell them to

I do not know when the call center is going to re-open but from all reports, that is worse than Live Chat 

Message 3 of 6
Latest reply

So eBay and Paypal should shut their operations down because less than 1% or transactions have issues?

And few of those require talking to somebody?

Really?

That will certainly help stop the spread of COVID-19. All those people going to B&Ms to get stuff, instead of buying online.

Logically, it shouldn't just be eBay - it should be every online site that accepts Paypal. Like Telstra, eg.

So, do you still think a vast proportion of the online market should be shut down just because you want to talk to somebody about an issue not covered by eBay/Paypal standard resolution systems. Seems pretty selfish.

Message 4 of 6
Latest reply

@grah.thom wrote:
eBay & PayPal have nil problems collecting fees etc but 'support' is virtually non existent outside some pathetic 'assistant'..add the last human being I had message contact with couldn't use a keyboard or spell???

Live chat works fine for me........I wonder if the pathetic assistant, could  have included the message body in the original post.

Ah well... to each his own

Message 5 of 6
Latest reply

grah.thom,

It's back - opened again from today (this morning)! You can also request a call back - and few min. later they call you.

Live person will talk to you from Ebay, don't know about PP.

Message 6 of 6
Latest reply