Why is it not possible to read the full feedback about a seller, only several words are available.

cjpd60
Community Member

Why is it not possible to read the full feedback about a seller, only several words are available to be viewed.

Message 1 of 14
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Why is it not possible to read the full feedback about a seller, only several words are availabl

It has never, in the history of eBay been 5000 characters for feedback. I do not know who told you such nonsense but maybe since you have never once bothered to leave feedback for anyone, whoever told you was joking/being sarcastic 

View solution in original post

Message 12 of 14
Latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

Re: Why is it not possible to read the full feedback about a seller, only several words are availabl

If you had ever left feedback you would know that there is a limit to the amount of characters that can be used when leaving feedback, so yes, you'll only see a few words in a sellers feedback because of that maximum limit.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 2 of 14
Latest reply

I have never seen it that way

How do you know how many words each buyer has left /if the buyer has made typos(and so words are missing) or if they went over the word limit and so words have been cut off? 

Message 3 of 14
Latest reply

Good point, if 'full' feedback is so important but the person has never bothered leaving any feedback at all themselves
Message 4 of 14
Latest reply

@cjpd60 wrote:

Why is it not possible to read the full feedback about a seller, only several words are available to be viewed.

Perhaps the seller has only dealt with buyers like your goodself.Smiley Sad

Message 5 of 14
Latest reply

Guys the limit is 5000 characters but this is not the amount available to be seen in the feedback. Only one line of text is visible which is roughly 80-90 characters that is the size of first line on this text.. This limit of visiblity makes genuine feed back a waste of time because nobody will be able to read the entire feedback. The end result is one cannot go by the feedback when deciding on a purchase which make ebay purchases problematic. One is better buying from Amazon.

Message 6 of 14
Latest reply

The limit is only 80 characters

Message 7 of 14
Latest reply

@cjpd60 wrote:

Guys the limit is 5000 characters but this is not the amount available to be seen in the feedback. Only one line of text is visible which is roughly 80-90 characters that is the size of first line on this text.. This limit of visiblity makes genuine feed back a waste of time because nobody will be able to read the entire feedback. The end result is one cannot go by the feedback when deciding on a purchase which make ebay purchases problematic. One is better buying from Amazon.

You've never left feedback, so I don't know where you came by all this incorrect knowledge.

The only correct part is feedback is limited to only 80 characters

So how are you helping others make a decision if you don't leave feedback for a seller?

Message 8 of 14
Latest reply

@cjpd60 wrote:

Go and buy from Amazon then. No one here cares if you never buy from here again. In fact, eBay won't care either. Seeya!

Spoiler
5000 character limit.................
Spoiler
roflmao.gif
Spoiler
Funniest thing I've read all year!
Spoiler
hearty-laugh.gif
Spoiler
You kill me!
Message 9 of 14
Latest reply

@cjpd60 wrote:

are you asking about feedback or product reviews ?

DO NOT use product review links on listings to decide whether a seller is worth buying from as those product reviews have nothing to do with sellers.

Message 10 of 14
Latest reply