Why is it when you go to complete check out it automatically takes you to pay pal.

There is no options other than pay pal I just completed 2 transaction and it just gave pay pal as option no bank details This is not right nor fare I thought we were able to have this option
Message 1 of 6
Latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Why is it when you go to complete check out it automatically takes you to pay pal.

tstore
Community Member

Maybe it is a buy it now item requiring immediate paying (PayPal)?

Message 2 of 6
Latest reply

Also if you are using the ebay app on a phone or tablet that can mess up your payment options. If that is the case, use the link at the bottom of the main page of the app "classic site".

I would never hesitate to use Paypal, it is far safer than direct deposit. But if in doubt, just message the seller and ask, they usually won't mind how they get paid as long as they get paid. If it is an overseas transaction - paypal only would be my advice.

Good luck!

Message 3 of 6
Latest reply

Does the seller have bank deposit listed as a payment method under the postage and payment tab? Is it an instant payment required item, these have to be paid for straight away using Paypal? Are you using mobile ebay through the ebay app? Why do you want to risk paying money into a complete strangers bank account anyway?

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 4 of 6
Latest reply

imastawka
Honored Contributor

I too have noticed this. Apparently if you have enough money in your paypal account

they will not allow any other option.  You have to use paypal. It only goes to bank details

or credit card when you run out of money in your paypal account

Message 5 of 6
Latest reply

imastawka when you are in ebay checkout they have no idea how much is in your Paypal account, what you are talking about is the options available once you go through to Paypal where a positive balance is always used up first

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 6 of 6
Latest reply