Why is my account saying I made offers on things I just put on my watchlist?

I was browsing and put some things on my watchlist the other night, and logged back in today and apparently I made offers on all of them? I definitely didn't do that, just placed them on my watchlist, and it's apparently wasted a bunch of people's time and caused me to have a bunch of time wasted with spam.

Is this a new thing? How do I stop it?

edit: Ok, so in 'my ebay' all of these offers say 'offer received' and I interpreted that as they've received an offer from me, and responded, but does it mean I received an offer from them because I watch listed something?

That's super invasive, spammy, and time wasting and I really dislike it. How do I stop that?

Message 1 of 12
Latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

Yes, I have the same problem. You "received" offers from sellers because you had their items on your watchlist. And if you ignore their offers, eBay will then classify these items as offers you made. I don't like it either. I receive so many offers and ignore most of them, and it looks like I made heaps of offers that were rejected because eBay says I made those offers ("Items you made offers on"). Not a big deal, but somehow annoying. Why not call "offers you received" if anything?

Message 2 of 12
Latest reply

Ok, so apparently ebay prompts them to spam me. How do I block sellers that choose to do so? I don't want to give anyone who'd do that my money.

Message 3 of 12
Latest reply

I don't think it is possible. I just ignore offers. I don't even open the emails or look at the offers I receive apart from some very few cases when I intended to buy soon.

Message 4 of 12
Latest reply

I have to wade through them to get to anything else, and it's literally dozens of emails to my personal email account as well. Super inappropriate, manipulative, and invasive. I don't want to just ignore them. I want to ensure I am taking my business away from people who would do that. I wouldn't shop in a brick and mortar store that used pressuring sales tactics on me either. It's really irritating me that this isn't an option here (clearly!).

Message 5 of 12
Latest reply

Yes, just as sellers have the option to disable "make an offer", buyers should also have the option not to receive offers. It should be their choice. Sometimes I even remove items from my watchlist when they send me more than 1 offer (this has happened too).

Message 6 of 12
Latest reply

That's great for ebay and sellers, but I personally find it invasive, manipulative and pressuring, and will never give a single cent of my money to anyone who does it to me. If I want to be subject to unpleasant, pushy sales tactics I can go to a local store.

Message 8 of 12
Latest reply

Goodness….. what a lot of stress you are allowing to consume you! 
Do you know how to swipe left? … swipe left to just delete them without even opening them, if it stresses you that much! 

It’s hardly an invasion of privacy because no one is forcing you to read each email. 
No one is forcing anyone to buy any item on your watch list. 

HOWEVER….. sometimes the offers are greatly reduced and you can actually get a fabulous discount.  …. Why, just recently, I put a piece of jewellery on my watch list priced at $32,000.

I got an offer of a $13,000 discount! Naturally, I wrote them a chq  and sent it off with a brick. 😉😁

Leave your stressing for life’s stuff that REALLY matters…. Like family and health concerns, and what time the bottl’o  closes! 😊

********* *********** *********** ************ ************ *********** ***********
Be Kind To Nurses....
They Stop The Doctors From Killing You.
Message 9 of 12
Latest reply

I don't mind sellers offers suddenly appearing on stuff in my watch list. 

There's a seller I have bought from many times and she regularly sends offers. 

However....I've received a lot of offers from overseas sellers lately that are a joke.  I don't know if they are seller or eBay generated but honestly, once you factor in postage and the GST, $3 off doesn't amount to much. LOL That's one example.....there have been other almost equally stingy 'discounts'.

I also like to keep my watch list to only 10-15 items so I don't have much to check every day.

Message 10 of 12
Latest reply