Why is my account saying I made offers on things I just put on my watchlist?

I was browsing and put some things on my watchlist the other night, and logged back in today and apparently I made offers on all of them? I definitely didn't do that, just placed them on my watchlist, and it's apparently wasted a bunch of people's time and caused me to have a bunch of time wasted with spam.

Is this a new thing? How do I stop it?

edit: Ok, so in 'my ebay' all of these offers say 'offer received' and I interpreted that as they've received an offer from me, and responded, but does it mean I received an offer from them because I watch listed something?

That's super invasive, spammy, and time wasting and I really dislike it. How do I stop that?

Message 1 of 12
Latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

I don't mind being sent offers. Sometimes I buy.

I don't know that much about the inner workings of ebay but all this spam you talk of, I am not sure if it is all originating from the sellers?

They certainly have the ability to send offers to watchers, I know that. But if you're getting a lot of emails after that, reminders and so forth, they could be generated by ebay itself, not the seller? All the poor seller has done is offer a discount.

I do understand being bombarded by unwanted emails though. Maybe you could do what i do. I have a web mail completely turned over to ebay, nothing else. It isn't my personal email that I use daily.

I rarely visit my ebay email but when I do yes, it is full of hundreds of emails from ebay, everything from reminders that a watched item is finishing to suggestions for other things. I don't even see half the headings I just bulk delete. It leaves your real email blissfully free.

Message 11 of 12
Latest reply

You should be able to opt out of receiving such offers.

eBay allows sellers to make offers to users that add an item to a watch list, add an item to a cart, or view the item multiple times.

If you go to your communication preference settings under Buying Activity, there should be a checkbox you can uncheck to opt out entirely from receiving such offers.

eburtonlab_0-1655007226389.png

https://commspreferences.ebay.com.au/commsprefs

Message 12 of 12
Latest reply