Why is pastage so slow lately?

Has anyone else in Australia noticed exceptionally slow postage times lately? I am seeing 4 and 5 week delivery estimates on nearly all international items and domestically, the times are appalling. I had one item recently sit for 8 days in Chullora NSW after clearing the sort process. Other items from Sydney are taking upto 2 weeks to deliver.

Am I alone in this?

Message 1 of 22
Latest reply
21 REPLIES 21

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

I can't say I am having any problems.....I am getting regular satchels from Adelaide to Sydney in 3-4 days and my overseas items are arriving in 1-3 weeks, with the average being 10 days.

The slowest mail within Australia seems to tbe from Victoria to NSW...a lot of members are commenting on items getting stuck in Sunshine and Chullora mail exchanges.

Message 2 of 22
Latest reply

I agree...Adelaide to Darwin or Tasmania....2 days atm (envelope)
Message 3 of 22
Latest reply

Chullora is AP's black hole. I have one stuck there at the moment to.
International post 5 days from Florida US to Sydney. 4 days stuck in Chullora
Message 4 of 22
Latest reply

I am finding that somethings are taking 3, perhaps 4 days to reach Australia and then languishing in customs for up to a week there after.
Domestic times are just atrocious - up to 10 days to reach 2800 form Sydney!

It's becoming rather annoying and made worse by the fact that Aust Post are silent on the issue when pressed.

No matter.

Message 5 of 22
Latest reply

Yep, domestic delivery is atrocious lately.  Melb to Sunbury (a suburb in metro are of Melb) took 9 days to be delivered to the post office. 5 out of 6 parcels I posted last Tuesday (lodged at the post office) all 2+ days overdue. Can't wait to se what happens when the new delivery times come into effect. They can't even deliver on time now so what hope do we have come 1st Sept.

2 weeks before this 3 metro Melb parcels took 7 days, the 3rd parcel (10 mins drive from me) took 8 days. The sad part is, because I posted in the street box I receive low ratings for postage time because buyers probably think I took to long to post when I in fact posted the same day or next day after payment was received. 😓😓😓😓

Message 6 of 22
Latest reply

I think that the postage is slow especially from Asian sellers lately.Cat Tongue Sometimes waiting up to 6 weeks. Even the European & UK post is slow. USA is really good and they provide tracking numbers which is a godsend. Australian customs just recently destroyed a pet food item I had sent from seller in Portugal but I got a letter from Customs confirming this.

Also waiting for another pet food item from the UK and that is overdue now by about a week.Cat LOL

Message 7 of 22
Latest reply

I'm not surprised the one from Portugal was destroyed, it contains lamb. Lamb is on the restricted list as far as I'm aware. The one from the UK may not make it through either due to the ingredients. Now that you have had something seized, they may check items you import more closely. You may find that items you've previously bought that got through no longer do.

Message 8 of 22
Latest reply

But I have had many similar items of same brand shipped to me containing same ingredients with no problem. Possibly packaging had been damaged and contents were spoiled.
Message 9 of 22
Latest reply

@michellebartley wrote:
But I have had many similar items of same brand shipped to me containing same ingredients with no problem. Possibly packaging had been damaged and contents were spoiled.

If the items were legal in the first place they would not have been seized.

Customs is not your own personal inspection service...they would not care if the contents were damaged....they would just send them to you.

Message 10 of 22
Latest reply