Why is there a difference in postage cost from the search page to the listing page?

Why is there a difference in postage cost from the search page to the listing page?

Many items in the search page have a current bid/buy it now price, anddirectly underneath it, a postage cost. When you click on an item to go to its listing page, there appears a completely different postage cost, which is invariably more than the previous page's price.

Message 1 of 20
Latest reply
19 REPLIES 19

Re: Why is there a difference in postage cost from the search page to the listing page?

No particular service is being quoted. That figure of $524 is simply what the search page shows. And the point being, is that it bears no resemblance to the listing's figures.

Message 11 of 20
Latest reply

Re: Why is there a difference in postage cost from the search page to the listing page?

There must be something showing to say what service is being quoted when they are asking for over $500.

Can you tell us the title of the item so we can look at the whole listing please?

Message 12 of 20
Latest reply

Plano-108420 Pla Aw Tactical Case 42" Plano-108420

Message 13 of 20
Latest reply

All you need to worry about is the shipping amount quoted in the listing....the UPS courier amount of $200.

Goodness only knows where the $500 has come from.

Message 14 of 20
Latest reply

that's the private jet delivery option.

Some people can go their whole lives and never really live for a single minute.
Message 15 of 20
Latest reply

ewwwwwwww pitney bowes... the name sends a shiver down my spine. Worst thing ever introduced by ebay.GSP Global Sucky Postage ! 

Message 16 of 20
Latest reply

It may help if everyone seeing the pitneyripoff service mentioned emailed the seller and told them they may have considered buying from them but will not pay the extra cost involved with using PB.

If they get enough emails they may catch on that it may be better to look elsewhere for their delivery service.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 17 of 20
Latest reply

oooohhhhhhhh a Boycott!

lets make signs.

who's got some paint?

Some people can go their whole lives and never really live for a single minute.
Message 18 of 20
Latest reply

Not only are they irrationally expensive, PB are the lousiest packers ever.

They are also being used by a mega-corporation that begins with A and has disappearing jungle. Big problems there too with damage.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Buttercup: You mock my pain! Man in Black: Life is pain, Highness. Anyone who says differently is selling something.
Message 19 of 20
Latest reply

When I purchase online, I factor in the shipping cost in terms of "is this good value"?

That's the main thing in my decision to buy from one seller/store over another, if I do not know anything about their service personally. Total cost...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Buttercup: You mock my pain! Man in Black: Life is pain, Highness. Anyone who says differently is selling something.
Message 20 of 20
Latest reply