Won auction seller claims postage wrong

Received the "congrats you've won pay now" email showing postage to Australia as $10. I paid. Seller refunded full amount saying that the postage is a lot more and I should have contacted her before paying. Here's the listing number.  111153456682  

Ebay have closed this case on her request without responding to my legitimate grievance.

Message 1 of 8
Latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Re: Won auction seller claims postage wrong

if your in australia they do clearly state to please enquire for postage costs if NOT in the US

Message 2 of 8
Latest reply

No "they" do not.

US $10.00 (approx. AU $11.13) USPS First Class Mail Intl / First Class Package Intl Service 

Item location:
Ormond Beach, Florida, United States

Posts to:
Worldwide

Then in the postage and payments section............

US $10.00
Australia
USPS First Class Mail Intl / First Class Package Intl Service

Message 3 of 8
Latest reply

Are you still able to leave feedback? If so, leave a big red neg for being a NON PERFORMING SELLER. Their postage clearly states posts to australia for $10 US.

Message 4 of 8
Latest reply

It is obvious from the listing that the seller does not know how to set up International Postage costs as they have clearly mentioned in the description that International buyers need to email for a shipping price.

They appear to be a casual seller selling bits and pieces from around the home which would be why they probably don't know how to set the listing up correctly to sell worldwide.

Message 5 of 8
Latest reply

Are you advocating that a buyer should use common sense, jen?

Quelle horreur!

Message 6 of 8
Latest reply

The BUYER had done everything right. They looked in the postage section of the listing to check. Why is it now the buyers fault the seller didnt list the item correctly?

Message 7 of 8
Latest reply

bsal6160 - I didn't say or imply the buyer did anything wrong. I just tried to explain what had happened.

The seller definitely made an error when listing but it is also the responsibility of the buyer to read the full description. If they had read the description they would have realised the seller didn't know how to list International shipping. An email before placing a bid would have clarified it for the buyer.

For casual sellers it is not easy to know how to set up listings correctly and it is very easy to make the mistake this seller made.

Message 8 of 8
Latest reply