Wrong Item

isob-7325
Community Member

I recently bought a small item and they sent me the wrong item. I tried and tried to resolve this but they eventually said they could not find my details. After much searching I finally found a phone number for eBay and they rang me back and gave me a credit for the money I lost. But now I can not find it anywhere and eBay is impossible to contact. 

I think the system for providing feedback for a purchase is completely flawed and is completely false when so many crooks peddle their wares on eBay.

Don't trust anything you see on eBay. Be aware that you might well be ripped off on this platform.

Message 1 of 7
Latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Wrong Item

I don't get ripped off.

I have read and understand eBay's rules, I don't buy from shonky sellers and, if I did, I would utilise the tools eBay make readily available to all buyers.

Message 2 of 7
Latest reply

Wrong Item

How did you try to resolve it? Communicating with a seller is not a resolution.

Did you open a case for "Not Described" within the 30 day time frame?

Have you ever read the Ebay guidebook for buyers, especially about what to do when things go wrong?

Did you check out the seller feedback to make sure there were no red flags before purchasing?

All the tools a buyer needs are at their fingertips.....if only they looked.

Message 3 of 7
Latest reply

Wrong Item

Was that the seller you left negative feedback for?

Message 4 of 7
Latest reply

Wrong Item

Be aware very very few buyers can get ripped off if they choose to use the tools they are given to get their money back, within the time limit to do so

Did you try contacting eBay during their active hours? 

ebay help is right there at the top of every single page

Message 5 of 7
Latest reply

Wrong Item

When did you buy this item?

The normal procedure if you get the wrong item and don't get an immediate resolution from the seller would be to open an ebay claim for item not as described. You would not need to ring ebay for this, you can find all the details about your recent purchases in the sold section of 'My ebay'.

You can open an ebay claim within 30 days of receiving your item. It is not in any way related to what you give in feedback, if indeed you give any feedback at all. They are 2 completely different things.

You say though that ebay has given you a credit for the money, they told you this in a phone conversation. Did they specify where the money has been credited to? Paypal? Bank account? All I can think of is it may take a few days to appear in a bank account.

If you have already given it a few days, contact ebay the same way you did before or I think chat might be available and explain the situation and ask. I think your problem may have come about partially because you didn't go about getting a refund in the official way. The system isn't usually flawed as such but mistakes can be made, especially if you're not following the usual system.

Message 6 of 7
Latest reply

Wrong Item

@springyzone wrote:

When did you buy this item?

You can open an ebay claim within 30 days of receiving your item. It is not in any way related to what you give in feedback, if indeed you give any feedback at all. They are 2 completely different things.

No, you can open an ebay claim within 30 days after the last ETA, not from when you receive it.

Message 7 of 7
Latest reply