Ebay global shipping program a complete ripoff and failure

Ebay global shipping program test resuts

Two of the same items ordered from the same seller.

One sent usps direct and one sent ebay global shipping program.

usps price for shipping $112.40 item arrived in 4 days USA to Australia.

ebay global shipping program $176.40 and 2 weeks still waiting.

I was always under the impression the more you pay for shipping the faster the service. 

Could someone explain why ebay feels it has to run a shipping program the uses so many carriers.

Basically if you buy an item from a seller that uses the ebay global shipping program get ready for a long wait, and be prepared to add 50-60% to your shipping cost.

This shipping program will stop me from buying items from sellers that use the ebay shipping program.

It makes good best practice commercial sense not to pay extra and have to wait 3-4 times as long for the item to arrive.

Any sellers out there that use the ebay global shipping program and have noticed your sales have declined you now know why.

I feel that ebay needs to have a good hard look at its shipping program and work out that it is harming it's core business the sellers.

It will only be so long until buyers start leaving negative feedback for postage ripoffs. The seller can only thank ebay for the negative feedback.

I wonder how many other people have noticed this.

Message 1 of 43
Latest reply
42 REPLIES 42

imastawka
Honored Contributor

Firstly, there are numerous threads here on the GSP and how useless it is.

Welcome to the 'We hate the GSP' fan club

Secondly, any sellers that use it are in the UK and USA - they don't read these boards.

And thirdly, any sellers who do use it are protected from any negatives or defects,

simply by using it.  Any are removed by ebay

The seller only pays for domestic postage.  The excessive postage on GSP

is paid to Pitney Bowes for shipping

Message 2 of 43
Latest reply

AND the GSP comes with the awesome bonus that, if they elect NOT to ship your item (for whatever reason they select, say for example, a Swiss Army pocket knife being a "restricted item" or "prohibited import" in Australia), Pitney Bowes get to keep the item and sell it through their own eBay store and YOU aren't entitled to a red cent because you agreed to these terms by agreeing to buy from a Seller that uses them (it's all in their terms of service for those that can be bothered plugging through it).

Message 3 of 43
Latest reply

I am still waiting for the second item to arrive.

I says it is still at the shipping program being processed.

What a complete joke. I have been emailing sellers informing them that if they use the gsp they will be losing sales in the future.

I will keep updating until the item arrives.

I am also asking all sellers that I buy off that use gsp for a shipping refund due to the excessive shipping time.

They will also be getting negative feedback for not suppling the item in a timely mannor.

Again if gsp is going to take so long. Make the shipping cheaper, and stop charging top dollar for no service.

If the gsp was a storefront you would never use them again.

Message 4 of 43
Latest reply

As stated in reply to your other post....all these actions are a complete waste of time.

You cannot get a refund of postage from a seller as you did not pay the seller for shipping.  You paid Pitney Bowes direct.

You have buckleys chance of getting a refund if your item did arrive....it is hard enough getting one if it did not turn up at all.

You cannot leave negative feedback for a seller using the GSP....it will be removed immediately by ebay.

And you are right about not using it again....most of us do not use it unless it is a large heavy item, then it is very cost effective, but still slow.

Message 5 of 43
Latest reply

Didn't you even read my post or didn't you believe it?

You seem to have ignored everything you've been told.

Have some fun.......read the numerous threads on the GSP.

Message 6 of 43
Latest reply

Also why does the estimated shipping date change after the item has shipped via the gsp.

The shipping delivery date has changed three times.

Is this gsp covering up for it's extortion.

Message 7 of 43
Latest reply

If one section of the parcel's trip is delayed it stands to reason that the end date will have to be reviewed.

Is it a cover up for extortion?  Where do you get the extortion from?   It is slow and expensive but no extortion.

Message 8 of 43
Latest reply

For sure there is a delay my items have sat in the Erlanger depot for over a week.

I guess that is while gsp works out how to be a shipping company.

If a company is going to pretend to be a service, at least get it up to worlds best practice.

Message 9 of 43
Latest reply

Pitney Bowes is a logistics company...they ship via FedEx to Australia.

Do you understand what a logistics company is?

Message 10 of 43
Latest reply