Ebay global shipping program a complete ripoff and failure

Ebay global shipping program test resuts

Two of the same items ordered from the same seller.

One sent usps direct and one sent ebay global shipping program.

usps price for shipping $112.40 item arrived in 4 days USA to Australia.

ebay global shipping program $176.40 and 2 weeks still waiting.

I was always under the impression the more you pay for shipping the faster the service. 

Could someone explain why ebay feels it has to run a shipping program the uses so many carriers.

Basically if you buy an item from a seller that uses the ebay global shipping program get ready for a long wait, and be prepared to add 50-60% to your shipping cost.

This shipping program will stop me from buying items from sellers that use the ebay shipping program.

It makes good best practice commercial sense not to pay extra and have to wait 3-4 times as long for the item to arrive.

Any sellers out there that use the ebay global shipping program and have noticed your sales have declined you now know why.

I feel that ebay needs to have a good hard look at its shipping program and work out that it is harming it's core business the sellers.

It will only be so long until buyers start leaving negative feedback for postage ripoffs. The seller can only thank ebay for the negative feedback.

I wonder how many other people have noticed this.

Message 1 of 43
Latest reply
42 REPLIES 42

It is in transit.....be patient. 

It has to arrive in Australia, be cleared by Customs and then be delivered in Australia.

It is possible that the next tracking incident will be when it is delivered to you.

Message 31 of 43
Latest reply

I understand that it's frustrating. You wonder what's going on when it drops off the radar. I have had issues on the 2 times I used the service. I go normal post now. Anyway hope it works out for you.

Message 32 of 43
Latest reply

lyndal seem you have a lot to say in the community a lots of post your saying some thing you work for ebay 

Message 33 of 43
Latest reply

Please show me where I have said that I work for ebay?

If I do work for ebay then I am breaking the rules by not declaring the fact.....ebay representatives have their posts highlighted in blue.

Message 34 of 43
Latest reply

well that good because you seem to know a lot about global shiping
Message 35 of 43
Latest reply

phoned ebay min ago they gave me global shipin number guess not connected 18552022275
Message 36 of 43
Latest reply

@sierra168dog wrote:

many regulars to the boards know a lot about the Global Shipping because we have had first hand experiences and/or we are well read on the topic due to the many threads that have appeared here on the Australian boards where members have shared their experiences and tips on how to manage transactions that include the GSP.

I think it would be fair to say that you will get better advice here on the boards from the likes of lyndal, stawka, tippy et al than you could expect to get directly from eBay.

And as an aside, here is how a post from an eBay employee will appear on the boards:

IMG_0654.JPG

note the bold blue borderinclusion of "@ebay.com" in their ID, the little graphic of four people under their ID (representing community) and the words "eBay Employee" clearly showing under their ID on the left hand side.

lyndal's posts, while lacking all these tell-tale signs, will provide more accurate advice on buying on eBay than you could expect from an eBay employee due to the number of years she has been buying on eBay and her vast experiences in buying from many countries including the U.K. and USA

Message 37 of 43
Latest reply

@sierra168dog wrote:

She seems to know a lot about spelling too. 

Message 38 of 43
Latest reply

After a package hits the Australian shores it will typically have 4 or 5 scanning episodes:

1.  On arrival into the country

2.  When cleared customs

3.  On arrival at the addressee's AusPost mail distribution centre

4.  "on board" for delivery today

5.  Delivered.

Sometimes scan #3 may be skipped

Message 39 of 43
Latest reply

'handicapped' hasn't been an acceptable term for quite a long time. It's 'disabled'.

Message 40 of 43
Latest reply