Ebay global shipping program a complete ripoff and failure

Ebay global shipping program test resuts

Two of the same items ordered from the same seller.

One sent usps direct and one sent ebay global shipping program.

usps price for shipping $112.40 item arrived in 4 days USA to Australia.

ebay global shipping program $176.40 and 2 weeks still waiting.

I was always under the impression the more you pay for shipping the faster the service. 

Could someone explain why ebay feels it has to run a shipping program the uses so many carriers.

Basically if you buy an item from a seller that uses the ebay global shipping program get ready for a long wait, and be prepared to add 50-60% to your shipping cost.

This shipping program will stop me from buying items from sellers that use the ebay shipping program.

It makes good best practice commercial sense not to pay extra and have to wait 3-4 times as long for the item to arrive.

Any sellers out there that use the ebay global shipping program and have noticed your sales have declined you now know why.

I feel that ebay needs to have a good hard look at its shipping program and work out that it is harming it's core business the sellers.

It will only be so long until buyers start leaving negative feedback for postage ripoffs. The seller can only thank ebay for the negative feedback.

I wonder how many other people have noticed this.

Message 1 of 43
Latest reply
42 REPLIES 42

We all know how the system is supposed to work but it is equally well known that it rarely works that way.

Message 41 of 43
Latest reply

I agree I have tried to reply but looks like eBay blocking me

Message 42 of 43
Latest reply

You have replied to a 4 1/2 year old thread, it's better to start your own thread with details of what happened.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 43 of 43
Latest reply