Wrong address?

I have ordered two items in the past week that have been sent to an old address from 10 years ago? I have not changed my address and as recently as two weeks ago, received items to the correct address, at which I must have ordered and received correctly 100 times in ten years. How could the postal address change without me doing it?
I have called ebay and asked for a report to be done, but I suspect I will never see those items that were posted, even though I have contacted the seller. Bizarre!!
Message 1 of 14
Latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

Wrong address?

I know you will have done the obvious, but just in case, can you check your paypal posting address?   It might have a small glitch and has reverted back to your old address.  

Message 2 of 14
Latest reply

Wrong address?

This answer might not specifically apply to your situation, but it may help others who have the same problem and read this thread.

Some members update their address in PayPal when they move house as this is the address sellers post to when payment is made by PayPal.  Often they neglect to change their address in eBay, as this is not the address that provides PayPal protection it is not used by sellers.

When payment is made by other means, the eBay address is the only one provided to the seller.  It is important that this address be kept up to date on eBay.

There have been some discussion threads over the years that document 'glitches' in the address provided to sellers.  This is why it is important to always check the address provided at checkout/payment.  It is always wise to remove old addresses from your list of addresses in PayPal once they will no longer be used.  Even if you use an address only once to have an item posted to a friend/relative it is advisable to remove the address from your list after the transaction has concluded so it it is less likely to be picked up by PayPal if there is a glitch.

vdracing, if your payment was by PayPal, take a look at your payment advice email and see what address was provided to the seller.  As sellers are not mind-readers they could not possibly guess the address you had 10 years ago, so it is important to find out why they were provided with that address to remedy any problems you will have with receiving items.

I wish you good luck.

Message 3 of 14
Latest reply

Wrong address?

sellers should use checkout address. however it is possible for sellers to mistakenly use the one provided in the sales confrimation email. Which may be the old originally registered one.

Its one of the reason when sellers use ebay labels or click and send it is imported directly from checkout. If sller has manually addressed parcel and not used one of these methods it is a potential yto use the wrong one.

What address is showing on your oreder details in my ebay?

-------------------------------

ASSUMPTION IS THE MOTHER OF ALL STUFF UPS!!
Message 4 of 14
Latest reply

Wrong address?

I understand the comments about always ensuring you check the postal address in checkout, and accept that I did not.
I did pay by PayPal and have always. I have not moved, and have not changed any details with PayPal, but will check they have not reverted back to old address also.
I still don't understand how anything could have randomly changed without my input?
Message 5 of 14
Latest reply

Wrong address?

I have now checked PayPal and all ok as far as address details. Ebay had my primary address changed back to my old one which I had rectified before posting.
Has this happened before?!
Message 6 of 14
Latest reply

Wrong address?

The delivery address has absolutely nothing to do with any address registered in Paypal or indeed ebay. If you have gone through checkout then the only address the seller will see and the address that will be recorded fr delivery with Paypal is the one showing in checkout, if you did not check that the address there was correct then it is nobody else's fault I am afraid, the seller has done exactly the right thing by sending to the checkout address.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 7 of 14
Latest reply

Wrong address?

I do not have a problem with the seller.

I am posting to see if anyone else has experienced this weird primary contact change with ebay?
Message 8 of 14
Latest reply

Wrong address?

There have been threads here on the discussion boards about this type of thing before

Message 9 of 14
Latest reply

Wrong address?

This is interesting.  As ebay and Paypal part ways then everyone should check that all details are corrrect on both sites.

Joono
Message 10 of 14
Latest reply