a lot of items have pick up at Big W how does this work?

I have noticed a lot if items have BigW as the pick up location.  Dose anyone know how it works.  I have wanted to purchase items but am concerned it is a bit of a scam.  Does anyone know how the pick up a Big W system works

Cheers

Message 1 of 9
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

@mrmpf5556 wrote:

I have noticed a lot if items have BigW as the pick up location.  Dose anyone know how it works.  I have wanted to purchase items but am concerned it is a bit of a scam.  Does anyone know how the pick up a Big W system works

Cheers

Basically with the click and collect service the buyer makes the purchase as normal and chooses to have the seller send their item to a Big W or Woolies store for the buyer to pick it up from. Once the parcel arrives at the Big W/Woolies store the buyer is sent a collection code so they can go and pick up their parcel.

It is a convenient service for buyers who are unable to make it to a Post Office during business hours as the Woolies/Big W Stores are open longer hours.

We have been offering the service for well over 12 months and there are a lot of buyers who use it.

Like everything there is the odd hiccup but in general it works very well with minimal problems.

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 9
Latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

imastawka
Honored Contributor

A lot of problems have been encountered with click and collect at Big W'\.

It is not a scam, but still needs a lot of work

There is always the alternative to have it posted

Message 2 of 9
Latest reply

ebay now automatically insert click and collect into every qualifying listing, sellers have to go in and manually change it if they do not want it on their listing. Many sellers are still unawre ebay have done this

I'm afraid I can;t help you with how it works, I don't want any part of it personally (because it is a another hassel I don't need as a seller when ebay already screw us at every chance)

Sorry

Message 3 of 9
Latest reply

imastawka
Honored Contributor

OP maybe you should do some reading and make up your own mind

http://ocsnext.ebay.com.au/ocs/sr?searchstring=click+and+collect

Message 4 of 9
Latest reply

@mrmpf5556 wrote:

Cheers

Basically with the click and collect service the buyer makes the purchase as normal and chooses to have the seller send their item to a Big W or Woolies store for the buyer to pick it up from. Once the parcel arrives at the Big W/Woolies store the buyer is sent a collection code so they can go and pick up their parcel.

It is a convenient service for buyers who are unable to make it to a Post Office during business hours as the Woolies/Big W Stores are open longer hours.

We have been offering the service for well over 12 months and there are a lot of buyers who use it.

Like everything there is the odd hiccup but in general it works very well with minimal problems.

Message 5 of 9
Latest reply

Just to be clear it is a buyer option not a requirement. At checkout you get to choose this or ship to your regular address.

I hope too many buyers are not equally confused like this and as a result are passing over C & C listings.

-------------------------------

ASSUMPTION IS THE MOTHER OF ALL STUFF UPS!!
Message 6 of 9
Latest reply

Luckily for me my 'free' post items are untracked letters and my parcels aren't 'free' post.

And I opted out the day eBay magnanimously opted me in.

Message 7 of 9
Latest reply

Message 8 of 9
Latest reply

Do you have any idea how long ago this thread was started??????  If you have a problem. start a new thread..

Ebay do not rerply here we are frellow sellers/buyers.

Message 9 of 9
Latest reply