anybody else dissatisfied with ebays refund response?

pjethew
Community Member

I purchased an item on may 23rd, with delivery supposed to be early June. 19 days after the delivery request, I contacted the seller who said they would send another item - still nothing as at 19/07. requested a refund through Ebay, who after 21 days have closed the request due to no activity. So i'm thinking tough **bleep** for me? The seller doesn't want to accept responsibility, and Ebay couldn't be bothered? Have lodged a request through Paypal, so will have to see how that pans out. VERY frustrating!!!

Message 1 of 14
Latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

Re: anybody else dissatisfied with ebays refund response?

I have seller in Aust who said would give me refund . And then has kept quiet . Now ebay c losed it saying 21days no action. .still want my money. I have still been sending messages to seller. With no response
Message 11 of 14
Latest reply

eBay closed the case because you didn't escalate it. Which is a requirement for you to do.

They don't know (or care) what is going on outside of the case. Even if you sent the messages through the case, no response basically means no action.

You could try Paypal. But be aware of timeframes.

Message 12 of 14
Latest reply

@michkins-7 wrote:

I have seller in Aust who said would give me refund . And then has kept quiet . Now ebay c losed it saying 21days no action. .still want my money. I have still been sending messages to seller. With no response

This could be a delay tactic by the seller as well. And if so it has partly worked as you've now missed out on the claim via ebay. Sometimes sellers will promise to make something right and then hope that you will forget. Or the other one is just remaining silent.

Message 13 of 14
Latest reply

@michkins-7 wrote:

Best thing to do now is put in a claim with PayPal if that's how you've paid. Then correspond with the seller via that method. Do it every day or every second day until you get an answer. If you don''t then please make sure you escalate it before the cut off time. PayPal will tell you when that is. So do it before that time.

So you should address the seller like Quote: and you can C&P what the seller said to you via eBay or email. with "Hi, I'm referring t o the below.  You said you were going to refund me. As of yet, I have  not recieved my refund. Can you please tell me what's going to take place? Thanks".

Do not close the case if seller says ... "OK I'll do it". You need to be advised that you have been refunded. If seller refunds you then you can close it. Often in these cases, PayPal will advise you.

Best wishes on this.

Message 14 of 14
Latest reply