asking for a proper description of an item which is an opal ring

i wanted to ask a question from the seller about an opal ring and there is nowhere on the listing form that i can find this.I used to do it all the time when ebay hadn't changed so much.

Message 1 of 4
Latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Scroll to the bottom of the description and there is 'ask a question'.

image host
Message 2 of 4
Latest reply

The option to ask a seller questions is often removed from listings when a buyer does not meet the sellers requirments or has been placed on the sellers blocked bidder list.

If you are trying to ask a question with this account and the " ask seller a question " icon is not visible, it could be because you only have one feedback. A seller can elect not to sell to low feedback buyers. Other blocks include accounts that have not been phone verified and buyers who have two or more non payment strikes recorded against their account.

A seller may also choose to block buyers based on the advice of others, past buying habits on other related buying accounts, the tone used when asking questions or that they are simply having a bad day and dont like the colour of your hair.

Message 3 of 4
Latest reply

@jennifescot307 wrote:

i wanted to ask a question from the seller about an opal ring and there is nowhere on the listing form that i can find this.I used to do it all the time when ebay hadn't changed so much.

Sounds as if you have opened a new account then, if jennifescot is what you are buying under now.

I wouldn't be surprised if chameleon has hit the nail on the head. A person selling jewellery might very well have some blocks in place to stop low feedback buyers from bidding.

Are you able to access your old account at all? Maybe you could try and see if 'Ask a question' is available on that.

Message 4 of 4
Latest reply