best offer??

boggo58
Community Member

Hi, I was going to buy a power plug for traveling around Europe and found one for $1 or best offer so I put in .90c. It wouldnt accept that but it asked me to put in a bid more than a $1. It was like a auto response ftom ebay. Whats going on??

Message 1 of 13
Latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

Re: best offer??

There are video clips  (UK) of unsafe travel adaptors (cheap ones bought from China via eBay sellers). The pins are live and there isn't enough spacing between the side of the adaptor and the pin .. a person unplugging the adaptor could touch the live pin with their finger as the pin is too close to the edge of the plug...electrocuted.

I wouldn't risk being electrocuted for the sake of saving a few $1. You can buy travel adaptors in Aust shops for around $10.

Message 11 of 13
Latest reply

@boggo58 wrote:

Whats going on??

The minimum BIN price of an item, after all discounts have been applied, is $1.00.

If I put items in my store on sale, the BIN price can't fall below $1.00 (eg if it's a $2.00 item, max discount is $1.00), and I can't list anything at a price under $1.00, so I can only presume that an offer under $1.00 will be automatically rejected - the seller may or may not know this. 

Message 12 of 13
Latest reply

My husband paid $9.99 for a US adaptor from Strandbags. It complies with Australian Standards, so is safe. 

Something else to consider with your trip, which is completely off the topic of your adaptor, something else my husband got from Strandbags was a small wallet to put his passport and credit cards in. It is lined with something and it stops people skimming your cards if you walk to close to someone with a skimmer. Could be some cheap insurance for you. I can't remember what it's lined with, but it's silver. He actually uses it all the time now to keep his cards in. From memory, it was less than $20.

Message 13 of 13
Latest reply