blocked but how ???

i went to purchase an expensive brand new electrical item so i hit the buy button but just before i hit confirm i decided to ask a question first. i started to send an email thru ebay but before i hit send  remembered his listing had an email address to ask any questions so i sent it privately.

my question was are you a registered business and can you provide a genuine receipt so the 2 year warranty remains valid if i need to make a claim, the seller has over 7000 FB and 100 % with a store in australia.

i received no reply so went to send it thru ebay but my emails had been suddenly blocked, tried to purchase the item also blocked. considering we have never dealt with each other before and i wasnt blocked prior to my email i am left wondering what was so bad about my question that i was instantly blocked. the main thing i want to find out is with in 24 hours how did he know my ebay user name to block me any way it was a privately sent email with no mention of ebay.

we also sent the same question thru a friends ebay account but worded differently, instantly blocked...

Message 1 of 8
Latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

blocked but how ???

You may be blocked if a seller doesn't post to your location or if you have had any unpaid items within the last 12 months.

I'd say with both accounts blocked they don't post to your location.

image host
Message 2 of 8
Latest reply

blocked but how ???

You have private feedback that would instantly put you on mine
Message 3 of 8
Latest reply

blocked but how ???

it was a private email no location or ebay user name was given.

Message 4 of 8
Latest reply

blocked but how ???

its not private and i never by 2nd hand clothes on ebay any way.

Message 5 of 8
Latest reply

blocked but how ???

That's right.

You may have been able to send a private email but as soon as you use ebay you are blocked if the seller doesn't post to your location.

In otherwords the blocks are in place already. I can set up my account to block everyone in certain locations and as soon as anyone tries to buy within that location, the ebay system will give a message to the buyer that they are blocked.

image host
Message 6 of 8
Latest reply

blocked but how ???

was only blocked after i asked if he was a registered business and he didnt know my location...

no one has actually answered what the main question was.

i have moved on so not interested any more.

thanks.

Message 7 of 8
Latest reply

blocked but how ???

Another possibility is that the seller could not provide a valid reciept to suit the manufacturers warranty. Many businesses on ebay buy surplus stock at auction from businesses that have closed down etc. They may not be a registered supplier of the goods with the manufacturer. This should be reflected in item description and price. 

Message 8 of 8
Latest reply