can I get a seller's contact without an item number?

I brought an iphone from a person who brought it broken from another seller, the first seller stated that it had no activation lock on it, the second seller tried to fix and was unable to and so sold on, stating that there was believed to be no lock but was unsure as unable to get it working.  I brought it and got it working and it is indeed locked to an itunes account.. I undertand buyer beware, the seller I brought from gave me the name of the seller he brought from (the ebay id that is) I messaged that person here on ebay but have had no response. I have checked that the phone was not reported lost or stolen and the apple id is the same as the original seller's name so I am confident it is not stolen or lost... basically I need to have contact with this person to get him to remove the phone from his itunes account, is there any way of gaining this without an item number?  thanks and sorry for the long winded explaination ๐Ÿ™‚

Message 1 of 11
Latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

Re: can I get a seller's contact without an item number?

Pretty sure there is no way of getting contact details of somebody who you have not been in a transaction with and anyway if they have ignored your email request there is little hope they will help you anyway.

I have no idea about iphones or itunes accounts but can't you contact itunes and ask if the account can be removed, I presume you have googled to see if there is a way you can do it.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 2 of 11
Latest reply

it costs heaps for apple to do it, I just don't understand why the seller who sold to me won't help... he keeps saying it is on my head LOL.  not hard to get the original sellers details. the original seller not a big ebay user so a phone number would really help me!

Message 3 of 11
Latest reply

If you know the sellers ID, you need to at least bid on an item to be able to pull the details from advanced search.

image host
Message 4 of 11
Latest reply

best idea yet! thanks! s/he doesn't have any items for sale atm though ๐Ÿ˜ž

I have been in contact with ebay who tell me I can report my seller to the fraud squad...

so I tried again to get him to tell me his seller's contacts and he is being really weird.  said some very strange things eh

told me he could give me her email but only he knows... and it is on my head that is why I got the item so cheap... is a weirdo and I am not sure how to deal with that at all...

Message 5 of 11
Latest reply

I know absolutely nothing about iphones, but would a factory reset get rid of it? Or is there more to it than that?

As suggested, I would google it. There may be some way it can be done without going through apple. There may even be a youtube video. You'd be surprised what you can learn from there!

Message 6 of 11
Latest reply

Create an apple account so you get yourself an apple id or use an existing one

https://appleid.apple.com/account

Then try out some of these instructions - there are several ways suggested.

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/5492187

Message 7 of 11
Latest reply

thanks for the advice, I have learnt how to repair iphones from youtube LOL, an ios update will not get rid of the activation unfortunately ๐Ÿ˜ž  when I brought it was smashed and stuck on the restore mode screen, I put a new screen and bezel and fixed the software, part of that was an update, unfortunately the phone is now stuck at the activation page, which means I need the previous owner's creditials or it is just an expensive paper weight!  I even downloaded software to bypass it which turned out to be a trojan (yay) had to restore my pc! thanks again for the offered help though ๐Ÿ™‚

Message 8 of 11
Latest reply

Thank you for the offered help, it is really appreciated!  I do have an apple id, I repair iphones and resell them as a hobby, I always restore via itunes prior to resale.. many of the ones I buy have software problems that I have to resolve.  With the system restore I did on this phone it won't allow me to put in a new id without knowing and removing the original.  sign looks like an expensive paperweight this phone is going to be LOL

Message 9 of 11
Latest reply

No,you can't.You'd better enter the number ID and then mail
So far.
Message 10 of 11
Latest reply