chinese faucet seller

i purchased some taps for my kitchen.  spent a week or so asking questions about dimensions and what I need to fit my exisiting pipes.  when the taps and fitting arrived they were way too small to fit existing pipes.  seller basically said i can post them back for a refund - this will cost me $70 and the taps cost me $97 with postage.

i feel i shouldn't have to lose $70 because seller gave me incorrect information!

Message 1 of 12
Latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

chinese faucet seller

Open a SNAD dispute with paypal and explain its cost prohibitive to return post for incorrect item. And NEVER just post them back because the seller has asked you too. Once returned, your money is called Rhett (Gone with the wind)

Message 2 of 12
Latest reply

chinese faucet seller

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

Why would you expect a Chinese seller to know anything about the pipes in Australia?

If you got what was in the listing then you can not open a dispute for Not As Described.

Message 3 of 12
Latest reply

chinese faucet seller

Lyndall, that would depend on what the seller told him? OP you do know that you can buy 'reducers" to make them fit?

Message 4 of 12
Latest reply

chinese faucet seller

Umm, because I gave the seller all the relevant details and the required measurements.  They assured me that with the taps and a set of extenders I would acheive the size i needed.  But on recieving the taps and extenders, i found that they were far from being the right fit.  

Message 5 of 12
Latest reply

chinese faucet seller

In future don't buy Chinese faucets?

Unfortunately a lot of Overseas sellers (according to the boards) aren't particularly trustworthy. For higher priced items, they know it will cost almost as much to return the items for a refund as it cost to get them in the first place, so they will work on you not being prepared to lose that much money for a, at best, minimal regain.

For lower priced items, they will either use the above strategy or promise you replacements/refunds until your Paypal dispute window expires. Then you will never get a response from them.

In your specific case, did what you buy match what the pictures and description said you were buying? If yes, you have done your dough. If no, then you will have to return them to the seller by trackable means. Which is expensive compared to the purchase price. Especially for China, where the government subsidises postage costs for exports. Which Australia Post or any couriers won't do for you.

Message 6 of 12
Latest reply

chinese faucet seller

I did get some "swing arms" which can reduce or extend the width, but still no good 😞

Message 7 of 12
Latest reply

chinese faucet seller

We will see what happens now, the seller has offered to either supply bigger extension arms or pay for return post I have to wait for them to contact their suppliers...

Hopefully I havent lost my money or there will be a big red mark on their name 😞

Message 8 of 12
Latest reply

chinese faucet seller

Just wondering...

Are your Chinese taps up to Australian Standards?

Have they been passed?

If you have any isues in the future with leaks etc and subsequent damage - will your insurance cover the issue?

When renovating recently - I went out of my way to ensure that i was not buying Chinese product as i do not trust the quality of manufacture. My taps are english, with Australian Standards with a lifetime warranty.

Message 9 of 12
Latest reply

chinese faucet seller

You kinda deserve this for being a bad seller
Message 10 of 12
Latest reply