click and collect

I recently thought I would try click and collect to pick up an item thinking it would be quicker than postage. It was not.

Further I had to was 25 minutes at the lay by counter at BigW to pick up the article, when I was advised the item would be ready which was four  working days after purchase.

Next time postage for me.

Message 1 of 10
Latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

Re: click and collect

Why would it be quicker than postage?

It still has to be posted, just goes to Woolies/Big W instead of directly to you.

Message 2 of 10
Latest reply

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

I found it was a very slow process....and very annoying.

It was estimated to be at Big W by Friday but did not arrive till Monday.  I had till the following Tuesday to pick it up so no drama, I thought.

From then on I got an email from ebay every day reminding me to pick the darned parcel up and not to forget it.

Never again!!!

But at least it was worth it to get the $100 voucher.

Message 3 of 10
Latest reply

Item I bought took almost 2 weeks to travel 12kms from Sydney CBD and was signed for and marked as 'delivered' (not by me obviously lol)

Turns out it was in a Woolies warehouse somewhere - once they found it - the parcel then took a week to travel by their internal mail system to the store. Would have taken about 4 days all up max with AP lol

Message 4 of 10
Latest reply

I tried click and collect for the first time last week, first 2 were great, no issues at all, so attempt 3.........................

2 emails from ebay to tell me what was happening, first one said item in Big W Thursday, wait for an email.......

Second email says item in store Wednesday, wait for an email with details.

No email arrived so I fronted up to lay by today, no parcel, no idea, I  contacted the seller and this is the reply.......

Hi . extremely sorry to hear about.
We ship same or max next day.
I think big W might have neglected the delivery.
As we are not associated with them .its between ebay and big W .
Regards.

So, who do I contact?Woman LOL

It was a gift for a child, for tomorrow, so I had to find a replacement, not easy on Christmas Eve.

Message 5 of 10
Latest reply

Sorry to hear about your experience Az.

I believe the seller is still responsible for following up the whereabouts of the parcel....first step would be asking AP where it is.  If they have delivered it to Woolworths/Big W then next step should be following up with them.

This is my main reservation about the system....too many steps in which things can go wrong.

Message 6 of 10
Latest reply

Yes, the experience of click and collect seems to be that it is a little slower, after all, there is an extra step.  Instead of the item being delivered to you, it is delivered to the store you requested.  It's great for people who cannot get to the PO during opening hours or who don't have a secure area to receive parcels (such as apartment blocks) ........ but its main attraction recently was to secure a discount coupon about a month ago.  I've actually used click & collect for convenience a couple of times, but would NOT use it when receiving the item quickly was important.

And as Lyndal stated, the seller should be following up the items whereabouts even though they have no control over it once it is posted.

Message 7 of 10
Latest reply

Cathy, the seller has as much control over C & C as they do over anything posted by AP.....until the item is received by the addressee (in this case Woolworths/Big W) the seller should be following up with AP.  Once it has been received by WW/Big W it may be that the buyer should be following it up...not too sure of that.

Message 8 of 10
Latest reply

" .... the seller has as much control over C & C as they do over anything posted by AP.....until the item is received by the addressee (in this case Woolworths/Big W) the seller should be following up with AP."

That's what I said here ----- "And as Lyndal stated, the seller should be following up the items whereabouts even though they have no control over it once it is posted."

Message 9 of 10
Latest reply

@cathyjoyjoy wrote:

Yes, the experience of click and collect seems to be that it is a little slower, after all, there is an extra step.  Instead of the item being delivered to you, it is delivered to the store you requested.  It's great for people who cannot get to the PO during opening hours or who don't have a secure area to receive parcels (such as apartment blocks) ........ but its main attraction recently was to secure a discount coupon about a month ago.  I've actually used click & collect for convenience a couple of times, but would NOT use it when receiving the item quickly was important.

And as Lyndal stated, the seller should be following up the items whereabouts even though they have no control over it once it is posted.

I will now await the email from ebay telling me the item is there to collect, then contact the seller again if it doesn't turn up,  had the details in the previous 2 emails not told me my item would be there in time, I would not have expected it, the details in the listing showed that it would arrive at Big W before my home, by AP.

In the meantime, my first 2 click and collects were BCF, so no issue there at all. Lesson learned.

Thanks for the help. 🙂

Message 10 of 10
Latest reply