dodgy wins.

I like bidding on rare and collectible cds. On one occasion I won a rare cd for a cheap price. Item was marked posted but never came. I had to contact the seller and was issued a prompt refund. Now it seems the same thing is happening again. Anyone else had this happen to them?

Message 1 of 15
Latest reply
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

Re: dodgy wins.

imastawka
Honored Contributor

Happens all the time.     Shouldn't, but it does.

Seller sees $$$$  but doesn't get the results.

Refuses to give it away at that price and refunds.

Never jump for joy until it's in your hands    big grin smiley.gif

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 15
Latest reply

I do buy music CD's off Ebay but not particularly rare CD's'. Is there another seller you could try. How disappointing for you. Hope the situation improves.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 15
Latest reply
14 REPLIES 14

imastawka
Honored Contributor

Happens all the time.     Shouldn't, but it does.

Seller sees $$$$  but doesn't get the results.

Refuses to give it away at that price and refunds.

Never jump for joy until it's in your hands    big grin smiley.gif

Message 2 of 15
Latest reply

I do buy music CD's off Ebay but not particularly rare CD's'. Is there another seller you could try. How disappointing for you. Hope the situation improves.
Message 3 of 15
Latest reply

imastawka
Honored Contributor

Ah, now Michelle knows not to get too excited til it turns up

michelle.gif

Message 4 of 15
Latest reply

I'm looking for the last accessory I need to complete a Barbie doll outfit. As the outfit was originally only released on a doll and I only wanted the outfit I had to wait a while for someone in US to debox the doll and sell the outfit separately.

At what must be more than a few years ago I won the complete outfit on eBay.  Seller sent it with wrong shoes, small items missing etc. Promised to send the right set (they had more than one) if I would post back the one I received....which I did.  Seller refunded the postage...and the other full costs, having decided not to send me the replacement after all.  It wasn't offered for sale so maybe it wasn't complete either.

A couple of years after that another outfit finally came up, I won it, but alas 95% complete with one item missing. Still, I counted myself lucky to get that one....and how hard could it be to find the last piece?

A couple of years after that the missing item came up BIN, bought it....and it never arrived.  (Seller refunded).

A couple of years after that item came up again, asked about postage....and seller came back with apologies - she couldn't find the item.

Now just recently.....item came up again....I thought.  I bought it but seller had made a mistake, the item didn't match the photo....and I was going by the photo.  Sigh.  So I've got the wrong item and I'm once again looking for the right one.

I think as searches go, this one is jinxed.

Message 5 of 15
Latest reply

Thanks for replying. I will take your advice.

Message 6 of 15
Latest reply

Yes I can try another seller. Thank you for youre reply.
Message 7 of 15
Latest reply

Sorry to hear this.
Message 8 of 15
Latest reply

@rcro5008 wrote:
Sorry to hear this.

Thank you.  I'm not giving up BTW.

One day I'm going to complete that damn doll outfit even if it takes me forever. Smiley Happy

Message 9 of 15
Latest reply

@zanadoo_56 wrote:

@rcro5008 wrote:
Sorry to hear this.

Thank you.  I'm not giving up BTW.

One day I'm going to complete that damn doll outfit even if it takes me forever. Smiley Happy

Smiley Frustrated  Present indications are that it is going to take a very long time....good luck.Smiley LOL

Message 10 of 15
Latest reply