don't use pack and send Canningvale WA

I recently used pack and send at Canningvale in WA.. Wouldn't recommend to anyone.. They assured me items were packed securely, they arrived, 2 shades broken, they wouldn't take any responsibility...

DONT USE them...

Michelle

Message 1 of 12
Latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

There's a fair chance I won't.

Because pack and send is about the most expensive postage option available, but mainly because they are 5000km away from me.

Message 2 of 12
Latest reply

I have nothing but praise for P & S. I have found them to be extremely professional, timely & pleasant to deal with. Sorry to hear that you had a bad experience.
Message 3 of 12
Latest reply

My mother used them to send an antique Korean chest to me and it was packed perfectly and with expertise care. I was really nervous about it getting knocked around by the guys on the Americsn end. But it was very wl packaged and protected. They were nice and not as expensive as other companies
Message 4 of 12
Latest reply

reccommended - people generally only comment when they want to complain.

My experience - they managed to get a "Westminster Chimes" grandfather clock sent Perth to Sydney at a good price and intact.

Complex mechanism, like a giant music box cylinder with 12 delicate striking arms and chime bars, glass front, and 10kg weights on chains running a pendulum....the sort of thing that is hard to move accross a room let alone a continent. They did it well.  Others turned the job down as too hard. They make custom packaging by cutting styrofoam to shape with jigsaw knife  blades -very professional.

Message 5 of 12
Latest reply

You realise this thread is 2 years old, don't you?

Not that it would affect many people....the original complaint was about a C & S outlet in WA.

However, I had a terrible experience with a C & S outlet in Queensland.....two large cookie jars were put in a large box with 2 sheets of newspaper as packaging.   There was no other packaging at all.  Both bases and both lids were smashed to smithereens.

I would definitely not recommend the service on my experiences but the service is flourishing so some outlets must be satisfactory or no-one would use it,

Message 6 of 12
Latest reply

If i had read this earlier!......I wont suffer!

Here is my story, which i posted on fb as well.

"EXTREMELY UNHAPPY, FRUSTRATED... My items have been missing!

I used Pack and Send Osbourne Park and East Perth before they did good jobs. Therefore I chose to use Canningvale as it looked like the closest to my latest pickup place.
I have recently sent my items from Perth to Hong Kong internationally and stupidly decided to send my most precious items with Pack and Send Canning Vale rather than using other companies recommended by my other friends. Pack and Send is not cheap among the other company! Based on my previous experience I thought it is going to be fast and safe and hassle free…. How wrong I was!!! And it is a nightmare now!

The items were picked up from my house... I sent 13 pieces on 20th July 2017 to the same address supposed to receive all in 3-4 days. Only 12 arrived on 24th July 2017; the receiver was told to wait for 2 more days for the 13th to come. We waited, nothing showed up. The receiver called Hong Kong side courier to ask for the item. The carrier said they were searching for it. I contacted Canningvale store on 26th July 2017 (which is within a week after I sent my items). The lady in charge of my case told me to leave it with them. I waited and waited no one contacts me from Canningvale store to tell me what was happened nor updates me. The receiver in Hong Kong managed to get hold of the deliverer. They said the item should be lost. They had already reported and sent all the paper works back to Australia on 3rd August 2017. NO ONE TOLD ME ABOUT THIS! I had been asked Canningvale for two weeks; the answer was 'we are waiting, or you can try to contact TNT and FedEx yourself'. I did. I called those company as well; I was like a ball been kicking around. I even had to provide dates and conversation store Canningvale store that my item is lost and the paper work is in Australia, PLEASE DO SOMETHING! I tried to call again, no one picks up calls, or all are very busy. I finally got to speak to the lady again 'Look! We are only the middle party if the thing lost, we cannot do much, I can only give you a form to fill in so that they can ask to search Australia port, and may be you should contact FedEx or TNT yourself to claim for the loss', the lady said. I filled up the form sent back; then no one updates me again. I called again yesterday I was told to receive another form in my email. However, the email is not coming in yet! We emailed back and forth with documents. There is no way the email not shown in inbox or junk! The only reason is the sender delay the sending.
I am a loyal customer paid for the service which is not fulfilled. The item is missing; I have to call all other parties ask what is going on, chasing for the story; Pled for the stuff to do the work; Chasing for the emails. You wasted my time on waiting and dealing with the jobs that you supposed to do. Is it how your staff trained to handle customers? Yes! You are the middle party, but am I right to contact the third party? Yes! You have business to run and busy. Am I so free, nothing to do but keep calling? If I supposed to, why do we need you?

The missing item is rarely happening but happened. I accepted it but still in hope to find it back, with this service, can I believe that all parties had tried to find it? Or just wants it to sweep under the rug claiming the insurance is easier? Since I sent my items, 6 weeks passed, how much longer is this issue going to drag?

Please! I choose your service because I thought you WERE trustworthy and fast. My missing item contains my digital working gear, my physical working portfolio, my medication documents. I should have spent time on how to overcome these. Your delay service makes my plans delayed as well.
Now I await further response from Pack and Send who only seem to respond to me when I contact them... they had not contacted me, only pick up calls occasionally, and even tell me not to call. Come on; I do not call every day! I only call once in a week, if not picked up call twice or more, until answered! I have now been asked to sign the forms (don't know the name of the form as I SUPPOSED to receive it in email but YET!) to close the case. Even if I now sign this paper work, there is no assurance that the insurance which I took out on the goods will be honoured, not even a tenth of it.

Is it my luck since I chose your service in Canningvale? Has anyone else suffered a similar fate? What did you do? I feel like if I don't say something, this will be happening again and again. Pack and Send, the GOODWILL you built by other franchisees is gone... Never again... You have lost a customer for life, cannot be trusted."

Message 7 of 12
Latest reply

@lyndal1838 wrote:

You realise this thread is 2 years old, don't you?

Not that it would affect many people....the original complaint was about a C & S outlet in WA.

However, I had a terrible experience with a C & S outlet in Queensland.....two large cookie jars were put in a large box with 2 sheets of newspaper as packaging.   There was no other packaging at all.  Both bases and both lids were smashed to smithereens.

I would definitely not recommend the service on my experiences but the service is flourishing so some outlets must be satisfactory or no-one would use it,

Four, now.

Save the paragraph.

Message 8 of 12
Latest reply

Dave

You realise that before someone asks a question they may do a search of previous topics, when they are presented with a list that (1) are supposed to be relevant to whatever keyword they used and (2) are in no chronological order?  Once the thread is opened up, often the date the post was made is not immediately apparent, especially fo people who do not use the forums much. So old threads may get dragged up quite regularly.

Of course, the solution would be to either lock threads once they are no longer attracting any responses within say a month, or at least put the dates of the last response on the list the search turns up.

Message 9 of 12
Latest reply

Why does everyone get uptight if someone digs up an old thread? Is it really such a big world issue?
Message 10 of 12
Latest reply