double ordering

svince40
Community Member

I double ordered by mistake.I got email confirmation  but it looked like one order  if you dont scroll down further to see it is ordered again. it was when checking my credit card for a different reason i noticed two pending charges for ebay not one.I contacted ebay immediately to cancel and also the seller direct through ebay to cancel within 2 hours.the seller rang me to disallow cancellation as he had already been to the post office.?within 2 hours of my order.? he must be the fastest seller I have seen on ebay. the post office confirmed they had received the items from him for delivery that afternoon.despite a long discussion with online help at ebay they conclusion ebay came to was I had ordered "in a hurry"  not waiting for the order to go through .I did click twice because nothing seemed to be happening after I had reviewed an afterpay set of conditions and decided not to use their afterpay .$10 discount code"afterpay10" so coming back to the buy page it just sat there.how does the system know when to accept my buy except by clicking .I clicked .nothing happened.I clocked again then confirmation came up (for one order I thought) 

Message 1 of 14
Latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

double ordering

@svince40,

Clicking twice has obviously come to bite you on the chin!

As the seller has already despatched the items, the avenue of asking for a cancellation is not open to you (remembering that sellers are not obliged to offer a cancellation, as once a sale is made on eBay, they will have costs in relation to that sale, with some of those costs not being recoverable even if the sale is "cancelled").

You could request a change of mind return once the extra item arrives. (Return postage will be your responsibility, and the seller will probably refund only the item cost - and that's assuming that the seller agrees to change of mind returns.)

Or you could on-sell the extra item yourself if you wish. If you need any advice about how to do so, there are many experienced sellers here who can help with some tips. The selling situation has changed since you last sold (as I gauge from a quick look at your feedback) so you may need a heads'-up on some things - especially Managed Payments.

Message 2 of 14
Latest reply

double ordering

When such errors occur, some people don't accept the parcel when it arrives (if it is tracked, otherwise there is no proof), so it will go back to the seller at no expense for you. If the seller put both items in the same parcel it will be problematic though and you will have to re-order one (and if the seller is annoyed he might even block you). Was the item expensive?

Anyway, after paying, I always get a notification "your order is in". I have never used AfterPay though.

Message 3 of 14
Latest reply

double ordering

Don't avoid your system issue in this case.i am an experienced eBay user and have never had this problem before.others as acknowledged on your website have had the same issue I see no response from you about improving customer experience.look in the mirror!

Message 4 of 14
Latest reply

double ordering

@svince40 wrote:

Don't avoid your system issue in this case.i am an experienced eBay user and have never had this problem before.others as acknowledged on your website have had the same issue I see no response from you about improving customer experience.look in the mirror!

From what has been said the problem was entirely yours from the beginning.

eBay DO NOT read here and Countess is just a member like yourself. Put in a complaint to eBay yourself about YOUR error........

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 5 of 14
Latest reply

double ordering

I don't think the Countess is exactly like the OP, padi. She would acknowledge an unlikely mistake rather than open herself up to ridicule from the community.

Not to mention 74 feedback in TWENTY years. Experienced, definitely not savvy.

Message 6 of 14
Latest reply

double ordering

@svince40 wrote:

Don't avoid your system issue in this case.

You've mistaken me for eBay...? I'm neither eBay itself (in corporeal form), nor am I employed by eBay in any way. I'm being falsely accused of system issue avoidance, and you've made me weep softly into my rose-scented handkerchief.

@svince40 wrote:

i am an experienced eBay user and have never had this problem before.

All of us may have some experience in using eBay, but it does not mean that a server glitch may not occur, or that a user-based glitch may not occur. The first time that one experiences a problem is always going to offer one the opportunity to say "I've never had this problem before", and that in no way negates that one has this problem NOW. (One could say indignantly - while being stabbed to death by someone wielding an umbrella with a hummingbird-shaped handle - "I've never been stabbed to death with an umbrella before"... and it would sadly not mean that the aforementioned umbrella-based murder can't possibly be happening.)

@svince40 wrote:

others as acknowledged on your website have had the same issue I see no response from you about improving customer experience.

It's not my website and I regret that it's not my responsibility to improve customer experience on eBay. Unfortunately, I also have no power to improve customer experience; I would if I could. Were it my website, I would set the IT dept. to work immediately to implement structural improvements.

@svince40 wrote:

look in the mirror!

MirrorMirrorOnTheWall.gif          mirror-looking-at-reflection(Laie10).gif          mirror-handheld-g(Aiwan).gif          looking-in-mirror-viannen.gif

Looking goooooood! My hair's nice, my lipstick's nice... Hey, I'm just nice, period.

Message 7 of 14
Latest reply

double ordering

Don't blame other members for what 'eBay does' 

This is a member to member forum and nobody here is responsible for your mistake

Message 8 of 14
Latest reply

double ordering

@svince40 wrote:

.I contacted ebay immediately to cancel and also the seller direct through ebay to cancel within 2 hours.the seller rang me to disallow cancellation as he had already been to the post office.?within 2 hours of my order.? he must be the fastest seller I have seen on ebay. the post office confirmed they had received the items from him for delivery that afternoon.despite a long discussion with online help at ebay they conclusion ebay came to was I had ordered "in a hurry"  not waiting for the order to go through .I did click twice because nothing seemed to be happening.

------------------------

2 hours is quick but it sounds as if you disbelieve the seller?

Yet the PO confirms the items were posted that afternoon?

I don't see any reason to disbelieve the seller. I often buy on websites that say if I order before eg 11am, it will be posted off that same day. 

And although you may have nessaged the seller within 2 hours, there is no guarantee a seller will see the message immediately.

Message 9 of 14
Latest reply

double ordering

@svince40 wrote:

Ok…. I’m the one here on the boards who calls a spade a spade, and you, mate, are an obnoxious cow!
WE ARE NOT EBAY!

These boards are where members, like us and like YOU can come to get some help and some information to solve your current issues.

If you reply back to these helpful members , (and countess is truly one of the best at being helpful), then you might want to be a tad grateful and respectful, otherwise you get ME!  And I’m neither grateful or respectful to angry OP’s like yourself ! 

So, take a deep breath, and read these answers with gratitude and give us some answers to the questions being asked. Otherwise, sort it out yourself, SINCE YOUR SO DAMN EXPERIENCED!!! 

BIG HINT:…. Start over. This is your second chance 😉

********* *********** *********** ************ ************ *********** ***********
Be Kind To Nurses....
They Stop The Doctors From Killing You.
Message 10 of 14
Latest reply