double ordering

svince40
Community Member

I double ordered by mistake.I got email confirmation  but it looked like one order  if you dont scroll down further to see it is ordered again. it was when checking my credit card for a different reason i noticed two pending charges for ebay not one.I contacted ebay immediately to cancel and also the seller direct through ebay to cancel within 2 hours.the seller rang me to disallow cancellation as he had already been to the post office.?within 2 hours of my order.? he must be the fastest seller I have seen on ebay. the post office confirmed they had received the items from him for delivery that afternoon.despite a long discussion with online help at ebay they conclusion ebay came to was I had ordered "in a hurry"  not waiting for the order to go through .I did click twice because nothing seemed to be happening after I had reviewed an afterpay set of conditions and decided not to use their afterpay .$10 discount code"afterpay10" so coming back to the buy page it just sat there.how does the system know when to accept my buy except by clicking .I clicked .nothing happened.I clocked again then confirmation came up (for one order I thought) 

Message 1 of 14
Latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

double ordering

@svince40 wrote:

I double ordered by mistake.I got email confirmation  but it looked like one order  if you dont scroll down further to see it is ordered again. it was when checking my credit card for a different reason i noticed two pending charges for ebay not one.I contacted ebay immediately to cancel and also the seller direct through ebay to cancel within 2 hours.the seller rang me to disallow cancellation as he had already been to the post office.?within 2 hours of my order.? he must be the fastest seller I have seen on ebay. the post office confirmed they had received the items from him for delivery that afternoon.despite a long discussion with online help at ebay they conclusion ebay came to was I had ordered "in a hurry"  not waiting for the order to go through .I did click twice because nothing seemed to be happening after I had reviewed an afterpay set of conditions and decided not to use their afterpay .$10 discount code"afterpay10" so coming back to the buy page it just sat there.how does the system know when to accept my buy except by clicking .I clicked .nothing happened.I clocked again then confirmation came up (for one order I thought) 

Why is that unreasonable? I have been getting ready to go out, I hear a kaching on the app, I package said item and it's actually, literally, posted in under 15 minutes. I have had buyers question whether it was actually posted that quick. Check the tracking, it will say "received by Australia Post". When that has happened, the buyers were absolutely stoked!

Message 11 of 14
Latest reply

double ordering

Anyone would think sellers *had* to cancel on buyer's demand hey?

(handy hint, for the OP, they do not)

I live 15 minutes or so minutes walk from the post office, I'm not going to wait around for a couple of hours in case a buyer changed their mind

Thank goodness for the blocked list

Spoiler
And trouble makers that give us a heads up)

Message 12 of 14
Latest reply

double ordering

You are Spot on, sandypebbles. ebay au even tell you Send Now, when you receive a Sale. The quicker you send the item out, the happier ebay au, are and so is the Buyer. So everybody is a Winner !!!

The Sand Pebbles is one of my Favourite Movies with the Late Steve McQueen.

Message 13 of 14
Latest reply

double ordering

I wonder how many party lists have added to after this thread. 

Message 14 of 14
Latest reply