eBay PROTECTS ROGUE SELLER!

Okay it seems I have violated eBay's Rules by naming and shaming a Seller who RIPPED OFF FORTY SELLERS IN ONE MONTH! It seems I have violated EVERY Rule set in place to PROTECT ROGUE SELLERS... I cannot find my original Post here, so here we go again! Let's see WHAT Violations I commit this time TRYING to see IF eBay will protect THEIR Customers who keep thier Business afloat!

eBay stated that they are "Watching this rogue Seller and if he continues THEN they will take action..." WHAT THE ****???

There were 23 NEGATIVE and 17 NEUTRAL Feedback left AFTER he decided to go abroad, and on his return he has made NO ATTEMPT to contacting his Customers to replace or refund, Feedback states by many he has NOT RESPONDED to their contact attempts! And this is not enough to show he is;

A LIAR! A THEIF! AND NOT TO BE TRUSTED?????

I emailed him SEVERAL TIMES Asking where was my Case? NO REPLY!

After I left NEGATIVE Feedback;

The Seller gave me a sob story explaining he was away for an emergency and the guy he employed stuffed up, asking me to reverse the Negative Feedback and PROMISED ASAP the Case would be sent out to me Priority Post within days...

I felt sorry for him thinking maybe he was in a spot of bother; so I messaged him back to arrange to remove the Feed back, NO REPLY!

Messaged again, explaining he needed to contact me to remove the Negative Feedback; NO REPLY!

Messaged again, Copy and Pasted eBay Rules and the procedure to remove Negative Feedback; NO REPLY!

Waited until the day the Case was suppose to be here at the latest, Messaged him the NEXT Day stating it had not arrived; NO REPLY!

Messaged again to tell him he deserved the Negative Feedback, NO REPLY!

Contacted eBay believing they would have the Power to remove money from HIS Account like they DID TO ME one time, seeing as he is still actively SELLING the SAME items to OTHERS! HA! All this rubbish I read where eBay protects the buyers and rips off the Sellers is total NONSENSE!

They suggested I contact the Seller... HELLO? IS ANYBODY UP THERE??

I replied explaining; YEAH SURE! He hasn't replied to me now so WHY would HE CONTACT ME to sort this out? HE HAS MY Money as well as the money from THIRTY NONE OTHER EBAY BUYERS! WHY would he even CARE?

eBay explained that he would have MY Details as well as I would have his, being interstate will REALLY Help when he refuses to HONOUR HIS PART OF THE DEAL!

I had plans of starting an Online Business with eBay, well I now realise I am far better off staying with the Large Free Online Selling Pages and WHY they are doing so well in comparison...

It is a JOKE!

Message 1 of 34
Latest reply
33 REPLIES 33

Re: eBay PROTECTS ROGUE SELLER!

If you don't want a Visa debit card, which you can't use unless you put the money onto it so you can't get into trouble with it, why not preload a certain amount into your PayPal, then when you do want to buy something, it's there ready to go?

Bank transfers, or direct deposit, unless you do it over the counter aren't instant either. They normally take 1-3 working days to go through.

Message 21 of 34
Latest reply

If you have a bank account but not a credit/debit card lnked to your Paypal account then, as Lyndel said you can still pay through Paypla. The money will go through as an echeque which will take a few days to clear at the seller's end. The only inconvenience to you will be having to to wait those few extra days after you've paid for the e cheque to clear and the seller to post your item.

Message 22 of 34
Latest reply

You do not have to load anything onto a Visa debit card.....it is simply accessing the money that is in your bank account via an ATM or in this case using it on the internet.  It cannot be used if there is no money in your bank account.

It is the ideal way to go for anyone with disabilities.

To be honest oinks308, with your attitude to banking and the internet ebay was never the way for you to shop safely.  Maybe the bamboo hut is the best place for you if you can not cope with the modern world.

But don't blame ebay and technology for your problems if you refuse to try and use them to your advantage.

Message 23 of 34
Latest reply

You are right Lyndal... I need a change of pace and that will suffice me fine...

But; I really do not get this few days deal with money clearing, normal time is 7 to around 11 days for me every time I have loaded funds to my Paypal Account. NEVER a few days in all my time of dealing with Paypal.

I often make purchases for others who are older and do not have eBay or Paypal, and depending on how often they want/need something, often uploading $100/200 quickly disappears meaning having to upload more funds.

They pay me in cash rounded up to the dollar, I then keep that in my pocket, then withdraw my fortnightly needs minus what I possess in my pocket and transfer another $100 across when I an close to using up what is in my Paypal Account.

But asides from it taking MORE than a week to transfer Funds across and for them to appear, my BEEF is with a CROOKED Seller and the inaction by eBay to force his hand and allow him to continue trading. THAT is WHY I posted in this Forum...

In my original Post before it went of tangent; I was not complaining about the time it takes to transfer, only that I was caught where I did not have funds so chose to pay by Direct Bank Deposit. If that makes me an idiot for dealing with a 100% Seller (when I made my purchase) and paying by Direct Bank transfer, then I am an Idiot... Lesson learnt. But the Bitter taste remains still in my mouth for the inaction of eBay for allowing an obvious BAD Seller to continue ripping off Buyers...

Message 24 of 34
Latest reply

Given that the seller is still receiving negative feedback, I'd say it's only a matter of time until they are shut down automatically. Most of their bad feedback has been received in the last month, so I wouldn't mind betting something has happened to them.

Message 25 of 34
Latest reply

@oinks308 wrote:

You are right Lyndal... I need a change of pace and that will suffice me fine...

But; I really do not get this few days deal with money clearing, normal time is 7 to around 11 days for me every time I have loaded funds to my Paypal Account. NEVER a few days in all my time of dealing with Paypal.

I often make purchases for others who are older and do not have eBay or Paypal, and depending on how often they want/need something, often uploading $100/200 quickly disappears meaning having to upload more funds.

They pay me in cash rounded up to the dollar, I then keep that in my pocket, then withdraw my fortnightly needs minus what I possess in my pocket and transfer another $100 across when I an close to using up what is in my Paypal Account.

But asides from it taking MORE than a week to transfer Funds across and for them to appear, my BEEF is with a CROOKED Seller and the inaction by eBay to force his hand and allow him to continue trading. THAT is WHY I posted in this Forum...

In my original Post before it went of tangent; I was not complaining about the time it takes to transfer, only that I was caught where I did not have funds so chose to pay by Direct Bank Deposit. If that makes me an idiot for dealing with a 100% Seller (when I made my purchase) and paying by Direct Bank transfer, then I am an Idiot... Lesson learnt. But the Bitter taste remains still in my mouth for the inaction of eBay for allowing an obvious BAD Seller to continue ripping off Buyers...

I do get where you are coming from in regards the seller BUT you would not have been in this position if you had understood the paypal system and used it to your advantage. 

Transferring funds from your bank account to your paypal account before paying your seller has always had the potential to cause you problems. This thread has not gone off at a tangent....it is merely an extension of your original post, trying to help you avoid the same situation in the future.

The posters here have been trying to help you use paypal to its full potential and have protection in your buying.

I honestly have no idea how long it takes to transfer money from a bank account to a paypal account but 7-10 days seems excessive.

I can transfer from my paypal account to my bank account overnight, or at the most 2 nights.

If you are worried about paypal having access to your everyday bank account you can open a special account to attach to paypal, preferably with a VISA debit card attached.   I know St George has a fee free acount with a Visa debit card and it gives interest on your money.  I m sure there are other banks who do the same.

This would give your sellers instant payment and you would have paypal protection in the event of another situation like this.

Message 26 of 34
Latest reply

I can atest to your story as something similar happened to me. The item didn't arrive on time (60days from sale time). I put in a dispute with eBay. As quick as I did this, the purchase listing disappeared. I will hopefully get refund from this dodgy seller but that is not my point. I am unable to give this seller any feedback. Ebay have taken that away by removing the listing. Their pathetic excuse was not to deal with sellers who offer long waitng periods for goods. It would seem to me that these dodgy rogues who sell a lot through eBay are quickly insulated if a problem arises.

Message 27 of 34
Latest reply

This thread is nearly 5 years old.

Not at all sure what the OP is going to gain from it now.

Dead Thread

Message 28 of 34
Latest reply

You have dragged up a FIVE year old thread and have added nothing of value to the discussion.

What you have done is show that you really know nothing about how ebay works.

You can only leave feedback for 60 days so you were never going to be able to leve it if your item took more than 60 days to arrive.

As for ebay removing the listing.....are you sure it has been removed?

Have you used the drop down box in your Purchase History to change from 60 days to 2019.....your item should show then.

If not, then it has been removed and you need to follow up on your ebay dispute.  If it fails you can still open a dispute in paypal if that is how you paid.  You have 180 days from purchase to do that.

Message 29 of 34
Latest reply

OK this might be a silly request but hey MODS BLOCK OLD THREADS C'MON SERIOUSLY WHY DO YOU PUT US THROUGH THIS **bleep**!!

Message 30 of 34
Latest reply