eBay has put my non-delivery case on hold...

eBay has put my non-delivery case on hold for the next 9 days to give a bad seller another 9 days  (making a total of 30 days) to ship an item from NSW to Victoria!  Is it standard practice for eBay to hold cases for however long it takes for a shipped order to arrive?

Does eBay think a month to ship a small item across one State border is acceptable?

eBay claims they have puit the cse on hold to await further documentation, but I think they are stalling to give the bad seller more time.

Apparently PCA Express is the problem? Another fastway I assume?

Aiden

Message 1 of 20
Latest reply
19 REPLIES 19

Re: eBay has put my non-delivery case on hold...

How do you know the seller hasn't shipped the item? Have you contacted the seller? Are you aware of Covid Restrictions in Victoria and what it is doing to mail services? Don't assume the seller hasn't sent the item. Assume it is held up somewhere due to the restrictions.

Message 11 of 20
Latest reply

numis_phil.

How do you know the seller hasn't shipped the item?

I do know the seller has shipped the item because I knew it was at Melbourne Airport for two weeks before it was in Sydney before it was in Melbourne again...

Have you contacted the seller?

About 6 times so far.

Are you aware of Covid Restrictions in Victoria and what it is doing to mail services?

Are you serious?

Don't assume the seller hasn't sent the item. 

I have never assumed the seller hasn't sent the item because I have the tracking as I have previously stated.

Assume it is held up somewhere due to the restrictions.

I don't have to assume that because I have the tracking which tells me that the item has been on a round trip between ?? and Melbourne Airport, then to Sydney, and now back to Melbourne. The issue is that the seller in question either uses a courier service that can take 4 weeks or longer to ship an item from Sydney to Melbourne, or this 'Au Stocked' item was sent from China which is what I assume is the case given that the item was at Melbourne Airport for 14 days before it was shipped to Sydney before it was returned to Melbourne... I'm sure that eBay is willing to believe what this seller tells them ( and so put the case on hold) but I don't because...

So now that I know that some sellers use ...... and ... ...... to ship their items, buying on eBay has just become a lot more problematic for me. Okay, okay, so now I only buy from sellers with a 99% feedback rating and no negative shipping feedback because sellers are allowed to use the 'DBCS'. I just always assumed that all sellers used Au Post by default because every single one of the hundreds of items that I have bought on eBay in the last ? years were shipped with Au Post... who I am very impressed with BTW. 

I'm also pretty impressed with AliExpress so far so...

Message 12 of 20
Latest reply

P.S. should I consider buying from a seller with a 95% feedback rating, or is that considered 'bad' by eBay standards?
Message 13 of 20
Latest reply

You have answered your own question.

You seem to believe that a seller has control over the carrier's performance.

You further consider that COVID-19 shouldn't affect you.

I consider that you should bring yourself into reality.

Message 14 of 20
Latest reply

@awnbuyer wrote:

P.S. should I consider buying from a seller with a 95% feedback rating, or is that considered 'bad' by eBay standards?

Most respondents on the boards consider that for a high-volume seller anything below 99.5% feedback can be problematical.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 15 of 20
Latest reply

From a personal level I would not be buying from a seller with less than 98%.

Preferably 100% but definitely no lower than 98%.

It isn't that hard to maintain a high level if the seller is honest and does the right thing by the buyer.

The trouble is that as sellers get busier and busier and/or have thousands of items for sale their level of honesty and standard of care can become affected in the rush to get the item out the door. 

But have also seen several sellers with thousands of items with 100% feedback, and sellers with a few hundred with terrible feedback.

As always it's buyer beware, always check their feedback first before buying.

Message 16 of 20
Latest reply

@glenbankloel wrote:

It isn't that hard to maintain a high level if the seller is honest and does the right thing by the buyer.

The trouble is that as sellers get busier and busier and/or have thousands of items for sale their level of honesty and standard of care can become affected in the rush to get the item out the door. 

But have also seen several sellers with thousands of items with 100% feedback, and sellers with a few hundred with terrible feedback.

Come on mate, a high volume seller with 99.8% will be a whole lot worse than your average seller with 95%. Easy to get done over by a few scammers (or potentially one) and cop some negs, doesn't mean you're dishonest. The high volume sellers are a whole different ball game who routinely

1. List stuff they don't have (large book sellers are the worst for that)

2. Sell cheap **bleep** of inferior quality

3. Misdescribe items

4. Misrepresent location

5. Go AWOL when there's a problem

6. Sell counterfeit products, deceive with key words

7. Packages poorly, items smashed

8. Don't even despatch at all

7. etc

8. etc

The average home seller who does none of that yet find themselves with a low percentage of say 93% who accurately describes items and good pack/post etc. can't be asimilated to a fraudulent, negligent high volume seller. It's quite simply not comparing apples with apples.

There are a few key factors that also play a big part in making the small seller look worse and the big seller look better. The big sellers are protected,negs quite often removed, accounts that should be suspended are left running leaving buyers vulnerable but the small seller can receive feedback extortion negs that ebay have proof of but still won't remove and are further affected by scammers who are again protected by ebay. 

One red dot for something as stupid as a non responsive buyer getting upset when you cancel the sale or AP delayed delivery, can plummet the percentage of a responsible seller who poses no threat to you, yet would be dismissed altogether in favour of the fraudulent/negligent seller, if they were to go by your algorythm 

Further to that, increasing or restoring percentage for me was painstakingly slow, even when my volume increased, I would keep watching the feedback but it wouldn't move, when they would eventually put it up, it would go up .01%. Then you buckle down furiously selling waiting for it to rise another .01% in 3 months time if you give away lots of free goods and speak nicely to criminals, if you aid and abet the way they want you to, you know usual expectations to be a 'high rated' seller ๐Ÿ˜

It's not comparing apples with apples. 

BUT if people are stupid enough to believe this codswallop, it's their funeral when things go wrong, not mine. Go ahead, buy your new phone from a 99.6% seller without clicking on the number and examining properly. R.I.P. ๐Ÿ˜‰

Disclaimer: any typos will remain. This post is too long to proof read lol

Message 17 of 20
Latest reply

@glenbankloel wrote:

Padi's comment is more accurate as he included the key words 'high volume' seller, but a buyer should ALWAYS click on the feedback number to read feedback comments to look for things that might be a problem for them

Message 18 of 20
Latest reply

and to further illustrate how crucial it is to click on the feedback number to read comments, you might be wanting to buy a cheap plastic casing for something in your house, or any item not in a main traffic area/not exposed to damage/something you've bought before that perhaps isn't the highest quality but does the job, is good enough for your needs.

If you see the seller's feedback is below a certain percentage and decide not to buy from them, which is of course your choice, but if you explore further and read the comments, that seller may have received negs for things that wouldn't affect you, such as not combining postage or not being in Australia, assuming for that item you don't care about those things, yet the difference in price is significant to buy locally. Although I'm a fan of buying local, supporting Australian sellers,I have on occasion opted to buy a cheap product from China that I've used before and although cheaply made, does the job, not necessarily on this site however just to illustrate the point.

So I guess what I'm trying to say, albeit not very well, is that it's of more value to buyers to read feedback carefully rather than going by percentage alone. I'm certainly not condoning other issues with those sellers, but it's about finding the best fit for you

Message 19 of 20
Latest reply

sna-4293
Community Member

Yes it is eBay's practise to give extentions to bad sellers.

Message 20 of 20
Latest reply