eBay lied about refunding me twice!!

Anonymous
Not applicable
How should I deal with? eBay has twice lied about refunding me. I asked them to step in and was told to sort it out with the seller. The seller got my money and the item returned to him and yet I have nothing after 7 months I’m concerning all options. Even A current fair. People should know about how they operate and lie. I have been promised a refund for the postage back to China and a full refund. I have this in all the chats and saved to my computer. I have received nothing back from eBay and all they do is say yes we can help you but then never get back to me. Has anyone been thought or know what my options are as eBay are meant to be 100% money back. I know I can contact the ombudsman but anything else I can do as well. Thank you
Message 1 of 44
Latest reply
43 REPLIES 43

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

After 7 months there is nothing you can do.....even paypal only gives you 6 months to open a case.

The ombudsman has no authority over sellers in China.

Message 2 of 44
Latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable
It’s been 7 months since I brought the item 3 weeks ago eBay told me I would receive a refund yet PayPal have told me they have not received anything for eBay, yet eBay has told me they put the money in my account. This being the second time they have lied. The first time they told me I would be refunded the postage money to send it back to China. I should have put that in the post. And eBay operates in Australia and come under Australian law.
Message 3 of 44
Latest reply

But you did not buy from ebay.....you bought from a seller in China.

Was your payment funded by a credit card?  A refund goes back to the funding source......have you looked at your credit card?

Message 4 of 44
Latest reply

@Anonymous wrote:

And eBay operates in Australia and come under Australian law.

eBay is just a platform for sellers to advertise on, if it's the seller you left the neg for they are now unregistered so any so-called legal action would have to be taken against them, not eBay.

Sad to say, but you've lost your money.

Edit. Snap lyndal.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 5 of 44
Latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable
It’s called eBay Australia 100% money back guarantee. I think you don’t get it. eBay have told me they will refund the money. eBay have told me they sent the money to PayPal. And again eBay has lied as PayPal have not record of that. If eBay have told me I’ll get a refund and they come under Australia law operating from Sydney then there is a legal way. I thought someone might have gone though this as well and would know how to go about it.
Message 6 of 44
Latest reply

@Anonymous wrote:

I thought someone might have gone though this as well and would know how to go about it.

Both lyndal and myself know how eBay's and Paypal's policies work, read our responses again.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 7 of 44
Latest reply

@Anonymous wrote:
It’s called eBay Australia 100% money back guarantee. I think you don’t get it. eBay have told me they will refund the money. eBay have told me they sent the money to PayPal. And again eBay has lied as PayPal have not record of that. If eBay have told me I’ll get a refund and they come under Australia law operating from Sydney then there is a legal way. I thought someone might have gone though this as well and would know how to go about it.

100% Money back Guarantee only if you open a case within 30 days of the latest date of arrival and not 7 months so you haven't a leg to stand on with ebay.

PayPal give you 180 days which is only 6 months so you haven't a leg to stand on with PayPal.

Your next step is to try a chargeback through your creditcard provider and this is the only option you have a slight chance of getting your money back.

And you purchased from a chinese seller so you have a slim to no chance of getting your money back, they do this all the time close up shop and start again and take your money.

The Chinese are untouchable here in AU so everyone needs to be very cautious when purchasing from China.

Everyone that has posted here has told you the exact information according to ebay and PayPal's policies so if you don't abide by them then you will loose out.

Never wait more than 30 days past the due date to open a case.

Message 8 of 44
Latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable
Ummm you have failed to understand they told me 3 WEEKS ago I would “ WOULD” be refunded. You sound like you have not been thought this at all. If you have not been thought this why comment.
Message 9 of 44
Latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable
The case was opened with in 30 days eBay was asked to step in with in 30 days and everything was done with in 30 days it has taken 7 months of back and forth and now I’m being lied to. This lie is from eBay telling me stuff then nothing happens in the hope I go away
Message 10 of 44
Latest reply