eBay scams

dude-66
Community Member

Been told of a refund due to eBay being 24-48 hours, then a few days later told 3`5 days because the amount was soooooo high.............500$

Seriously eBay is useless, they scam buyers like there is no tomorrow. Sellers are covered by eBay no matter what they do wrong,

So i wonder if i will ever get my refund or just end up on chat after chat with 4 yr old’s, they tell you that the refund is done yet it has not been approved.

So how can you be getting a refund if it has not been approved. Your either getting a refund or you’re not.

We are giving you a refund, yet it is not approved yet??????

Shocking

Message 1 of 8
Latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

eBay scams

The fact that you claim sellers are protected by eBay is laughable 

Utterly laughable 

Sellers get bugger all protection 

Ever 

Is this in relation to the other topic you posted about a few days ago and ignored the responses?

Message 2 of 8
Latest reply

eBay scams

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

There has to more to the story than you have put in this rant.

Start at the beginning and tell us the whole story without all the hype.  There is sure to be someone who can help you get your refund if it is due to you.

Message 3 of 8
Latest reply

eBay scams

You seem to be quite capable of communicating at a 4yr old level.

Message 4 of 8
Latest reply

eBay scams

Curious as to *if* it is the same issue, how they managed to both open and escalate an INR dispute since Tuesday?

And then for a refund to be 'processing' 

Message 5 of 8
Latest reply

eBay scams

@scootaolle wrote:

Hey dude 66, Just a comment,i love reading the so called experts  replies like sandypebbles, lyndal and gutterpunk who's  condesending replies show they are bullies out to outdo one another or show each other their all on the same page.  There is no need for comment's trying to denigrate you.It shows more about them than you. i have asked some of them before why they don't give their time wasted here to charity which wouId do more good for society instead of doing ebays work.I guess then they then wouldn't be the knowledgable  experts they are here.[in their own minds supported by their grovelling agreement with each other.] by the way i think you are right  mostly in your comments . don't take any notice of these experts

@ scootaolle.

So you have no pertinent advice on the OP's problem yet you denigrated 3 other posters.   true.gif

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 6 of 8
Latest reply

eBay scams

@dude-66,

From your other thread:

@dude-66 wrote:

Disgusting service, they treat buyers like trash. I have been waiting over a month for an item and nothing. The item has not even left the US

I treid to contact the seller and by the internal system and all of a sudden the system was down. Tried to contact via chat and told the chat service are clsoed even though it is open at the time i contacted them. 

Already contacted my credit card company and started the cancellation of the charges

(Rubrication mine.)

• The item you purchased is being sent from the US. It is not unusual at the moment for significant delays to occur with items being sent from the US to Australia.
    For example, items that I ordered from a seller in the US on 23rd August left the US (San Francisco) on 2nd September, and were then heard of next having departed Tokyo, Japan on the 9th September. No further news since then. It's been in transit for 24 days so far. I am not surprised by this as I am aware of international parcel chaos resulting from the pandemic.
  • Do you know whether the item that you purchased was being sent through the Global Shipping Program? The GSP is known to be a slow method, although quite a few buyers are surprised by this as they initially believe it is a fast premium service. (It's neither fast nor premium.)
  • If you do not wish to wait for the item to be delivered and the EDD (Estimated Delivery Date) has passed, the process for being refunded under eBay's MBG is quite straightforward. You did not need to initiate a chargeback through your credit card provider - and indeed, if you did this, you have effectively nullified your right to remedy under eBay's MBG
  • A similar situation is in place under PayPal's Buyer Protection.²
  • Since you have said that you have opened a chargeback dispute through your credit card provider, you will need to stick with that. It takes 28 days or so from the date of the seller being notified of your dispute before you'll receive a final refund. I don't know of any refund request dispute that gives you an instant refund, but you'd probably have had a much faster process doing it through eBay's MBG.
  • If I've misunderstood and this is a different dispute for a different transaction, then just be patient for a few more days and you should be refunded through eBay's MBG.

¹ From eBay MBG policy: ❝Buyers can't use more than one resolution method to get a refund. After selecting a resolution process (eBay Money Back Guarantee, PayPal Buyer Protection or requesting a chargeback from their payment provider) a buyer is required to use only that process to resolve the transaction issue.

If a buyer files a PayPal Buyer Protection dispute, the buyer can't open an eBay Money Back Guarantee request for the same transaction.

If a buyer files a chargeback, any requests opened through eBay Money Back Guarantee for the same transaction are immediately closed.❞

You may also notice on the same policy page that ❝A buyer opening duplicate requests using other buyer protection programs❞ might be subject to eBay action that includes the MBG no longer being available to them or account suspension. eBay considers that to be abusive buyer behaviour and an attempt to gain a double refund.

² From PayPal Buyer Protection: ❝You must choose whether to pursue a dispute with PayPal under our Buyer Protection Policy, or to pursue the dispute with your card issuer. You can’t do both at the same time or seek a double recovery. If you pursue a dispute/claim with us and you also pursue a dispute for the same transaction with your card issuer, we’ll close your dispute/claim with us. This won’t affect the dispute process with your card issuer. In addition, if you pursue a dispute with your card issuer, you cannot pursue a dispute/claim with us later.

If you choose to dispute a transaction with PayPal and we decide against you, you can seek to pursue the dispute with your card issuer later.❞

Message 7 of 8
Latest reply

eBay scams

@dude-66 wrote:

Been told of a refund due to eBay being 24-48 hours, then a few days later told 3`5 days because the amount was soooooo high.............500$

Seriously eBay is useless, they scam buyers like there is no tomorrow. Sellers are covered by eBay no matter what they do wrong,

So i wonder if i will ever get my refund or just end up on chat after chat with 4 yr old’s, they tell you that the refund is done yet it has not been approved.

So how can you be getting a refund if it has not been approved. Your either getting a refund or you’re not.

We are giving you a refund, yet it is not approved yet??????

Shocking

Hi dude-66, I hear what you say. But I wouldn't say that protection is what the sellers get.  But sellers have scammed people llike there's no tomorrow.. I have been scammed, and a couple of times there was actual fraudulent representation on the part of the seller.  And in part you say is true because eBay has done nothing about these crooks. So they can apparently do some untoward things with impunity and nobody seems to care! They're still on line selling and they're not from China either. So I do hear you. Some of what you say is correct.

Message 8 of 8
Latest reply