eBay stop this blatant lies. States item located in Australia but account is in China item in china

Why does eBay continue to allow Chinese business to miss represent themselves as being Australian.  Items state they are located in Australia but the account is held by a business in China. All products should be made to state very clearly if the product is Actually in stock and where that stock is actually located and being sent from..Goods deliberately being falsely advertised as being in stock in Australia should require an immediate ban on that user or business.

Message 1 of 15
Latest reply
14 REPLIES 14

Re: eBay stop this blatant lies. States item located in Australia but account is in China item in ch

LOL indeed. I missed the miss in the misrepresented spell check.

Message 11 of 15
Latest reply

Re: eBay stop this blatant lies. States item located in Australia but account is in China item in ch

You are absolutely correct. However, I in fact bought from sellers who stated they were located in Australia in the item description and in most cases used services like Aus Post. I do not care what nationality the seller is as long as they are in Australia when they say they are.  I should not have to go looking up separate details to check what ebays software can easily do.  If the seller is registered in China then they should not be able to state in the item description that they are located locally and using local services to send.  When I search for items I always tick location as in Australia.  I Always look through those first and if I can find what I need locally I buy it here.

Message 12 of 15
Latest reply

As previously stated in this thread, when you tick Australia you get those items LISTED on eBay Australia. You also get item locations specified by the seller. Some Chinese sellers keep stock in Australia, but the majority don't.

eBay is a platform.

It is up to buyers to do due diligence when buying anything from anywhere, especially online.

If you can't take a couple of seconds to check where a seller is registered that is your choice. Given that that page also shows their feedback - something else you should probably check pre-purchase.

If eBay spent the money to check every individual listing (or even every seller) their fees would be so high that there wouldn't be any sellers. If that is what you think should happen, maybe use a different platform for your online buying, and leave eBay for those who don't need somebody else to make their decisions for them.

Message 13 of 15
Latest reply

Australia Post has a Logistics Service with offices located in China so Chinese sellers are able to lodge their items there....which is why they say they are using AP although the items are still coming from China.

If they are registered in China it is almost certain that the items are going to come from there no matter what postage method they use.

Message 14 of 15
Latest reply

Item Location misrepresentation has been going on for 10 years and nothing will ever get done to fix it.  eBay have no mechanism to accurately check where the item is located.  They do however publish the country the seller is registered in.

It is now up to buyers to make an informed decision whether to buy that product based on some obvious information.

1. Click on the seller name and check their registered location.

2. Read their neutral and negative feedback.  Many Chinese sellers have BIG BIG feedback numbers.

3. If the item is under $10, how could it be posted locally when Australia Post's retail minimum parcel price is $8.95.

a) Nothwithstanding, many Chinese sellers now use consolidation (via Australia Post) to deliver items within 10-14 days from China and this is where the sellers are using the "AU - warehouse" locality scam.

b) Yes, there are some Chinese sellers who have set up Australian warehouse fulfillment services mainly in Melbourne and Sydney.

Message 15 of 15
Latest reply