eBay will not help me resolve an issue with a scam sale, what to do?

Over 2 weeks ago I purchased a PS4 game from the seller and they gave a tracking information when it was shipped, I checked the tracking information and the address the item was being delivered to was completely different from mine and also noticed some weird details like the weight being 17.4kg. I contacted the seller and asked why the address was wrong and they told me it was being shipped to their depot which will be forwarded to me.

It never came and the seller stopped responding to my messages. I opened a case through eBay for item never recieved but they closed the case saying the tracking information said it was successfully delivered. I appealed saying the tracking information wasn't even mine but they still closed the case.

So I'm out $70 and I can't do anything to get my item or refund. Can anyone give me some advice on how to get my money back. The seller is obviously a scammer now, the account had no reviews when I originally purchased the item, but now it's got negative reviews with same thing happening to other buyers.

Message 1 of 12
Latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

Re: eBay will not help me resolve an issue with a scam sale, what to do?

Thanks I will give those suggestions a try.

Message 11 of 12
Latest reply

Re: eBay will not help me resolve an issue with a scam sale, what to do?

Just an update, after opening a case with paypal they have now refunded me the money after the seller had made no response. Thanks for the help everyone.

Message 12 of 12
Latest reply