ebay is corrupt

I want to buy an item of which has a considerable price tag.
I want to look at it and check it out before blindly handing the money over to ebay without seeing it.
I know why ebay blocks contact between buyers and sellers, it pure corrupt greed.
Ebay misses out on my money because i cant go look  at item first.
ebay has shot themselves in the foot again forcing me to drive the 1600 kms round to find the exact same
item in a proper store.

Message 1 of 18
Latest reply
17 REPLIES 17

Re: ebay is corrupt

imastawka
Honored Contributor

So much angst.   horror smiley.gif

Was it a pick up item?

I thought if you hit the Buy it now button and committed to buying it, then you could find out from the seller where to inspect it, before laying out the money.

Am I wrong, people?

I know.............nobody cares anymore.  

I did however, notice a new mod, who's 'murrican - that's unusual, different.

downunder wave.gif  Waves to Stanley

Message 11 of 18
Latest reply

@imastawka wrote:

I did however, notice a new mod, who's 'murrican - that's unusual, different.

downunder wave.gif  Waves to Stanley

Oh, maybe the "new blood" will do something about outdated threads with incorrect information Stawks............

Spoiler
Yeah I know, "flying pigs" and all that..............

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 12 of 18
Latest reply

Would you, Padi, if you were getting paid $12.50 an hour?

Spoiler
 Image result for working from home meme

Message 13 of 18
Latest reply

@imastawka wrote:

Would you, Padi, if you were getting paid $12.50 an hour?

Yep, but in consideration that it would be a worthy cause for the boards and members........original.gif

Spoiler
That said, I'd rather do that than shift threads from one board to another - that'd be soul-destroying I reckon.
Spoiler
The fun part would be belting recalcitrant members with imaginary baseball bats.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 14 of 18
Latest reply

@qazpolwertrip wrote:

I want to buy an item of which has a considerable price tag.
I want to look at it and check it out before blindly handing the money over to ebay without seeing it.

[...]

I have every sympathy with this portion of your opening post. It is frustrating not being able to inspect a pick-up item before purchase, and it probably does impact pick-up sales to some degree.

However, when you say it's ❝pure corrupt greed❞, are you perhaps overlooking the fact that eBay have instituted these ridiculous no-contact rules because of flagrant fee avoidance? And that eBay are entitled to those fees?

I have read several posts/threads on these boards from eBay members who unabashedly admitted that they were selling/purchasing off-eBay, deliberately avoiding eBay fees while using eBay as their medium for attracting buyers / connecting with sellers. That was something of a surprise to me! I hadn't expected it to be happening to the extent that it clearly was.

While one can disagree with many of eBay's policies, and while sellers can certainly want the fees to be lower, and particularly be annoyed by the fees on the postage component, etc., etc., I don't have an argument with eBay discouraging abuse of its services by off-eBay sales to avoid eBay fees. Whether it's a corporation or an individual, stealing services by avoiding payment is abhorrent. (I don't think they've gone the best way about it - but that's another story.)

I realise that there aren't many options to using eBay, and it may to some extent seem that eBay are taking advantage of this... Nevertheless, by accepting eBay's T&Cs, one commits to abiding by them. If the T&Cs are so onerous or outrageous that one cannot agree with them, it would seem fair to cease using eBay.

Message 15 of 18
Latest reply

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

If it is a pickup item and you can pay on pickup then just hit the button and buy it.

Then make arrangements to pick up.....rock up with your money and inspect the item,

If all is OK hand over your money and take the item.

If it is not OK just walk away with your money in your pocket.

It has always been the same with pickup items.....just as you cannot make a claim for items being picked up as you accepted the condition by handing over your cash.

Message 16 of 18
Latest reply

That would be far too simple for the OP.
Message 17 of 18
Latest reply

I have no doubt you are right but if they can't/ wont understand the very simple rules then it is no skin off my nose....I tried.

Message 18 of 18
Latest reply