ebay no longer shares information with paypal, invoices are blank

keredx
Community Member

If you have recently bought something on ebay using paypal your paypal account no longer gets the important information to show on invoice such as who you bought from and what you bought, instead it simply states 'ebay'. This means two things; first, you effectively no longer have the ability to claim under paypals buyer protection for ebay purchases, as you will not be able to identify your purchase (impossible to get data re your purchases from paypal and ebay disappears it after 90 days) . Paypal 180 day buyer protection is thus effectively gone. You may wish to write to ebay and let them know you want copies of your purchases to be available for atleast 180 days from now on so you can still access the data you need to file a paypal claim.

If you buy stuff for work and want to do your tax you will not be able to retrieve your purchasing data from Paypal at the end of the year. Better print out your invoices or file digital copies when you make a purchase.

No notification of this vital change was provided though paypal states they informed people when they separated from ebay.

Message 1 of 3
Latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

@keredx wrote:

If you have recently bought something on ebay using paypal your paypal account no longer gets the important information to show on invoice such as who you bought from and what you bought, instead it simply states 'ebay'. This means two things; first, you effectively no longer have the ability to claim under paypals buyer protection for ebay purchases,

Rubbish, of course you are covered by Paypal, you just have to go into their "Resolution Centre"

....................as you will not be able to identify your purchase (impossible to get data re your purchases from paypal and ebay disappears it after 90 days) . Paypal 180 day buyer protection is thus effectively gone. You may wish to write to ebay and let them know you want copies of your purchases to be available for atleast 180 days from now on so you can still access the data you need to file a paypal claim.

More rubbish, your purchase history goes back to 2020 if you use the drop-down menu under "last 60 days" on your purchase history

If you buy stuff for work and want to do your tax you will not be able to retrieve your purchasing data from Paypal at the end of the year. Better print out your invoices or file digital copies when you make a purchase.

...............see above.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 2 of 3
Latest reply

imastawka
Honored Contributor

??    I don't have a problem seeing what I bought on Paypal 

Message 3 of 3
Latest reply