ebay taking long in reviewing my case

i bought an item with ebay and the seller did not send my item nor did he respond to my many messages

so i opened a case with ebay and sent a message through them to the seller on sep the 6th. he didnt reply by then so on sep 12 ebay gave me the option to review the case.

i did and told them that if they cant get the guy to send the item, gimme a refund. at the time of writing, it is the 26th. basically 2 weeks after i asked ebay to step in and they're still reviewing the case.

this is what it says:

The case is pending

Hang on, we're still reviewing your case
Message 1 of 12
Latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

very very unusual indeed

ebay side with the buyers in 99% of cases no matter what 

Looking at their feedback, it could *perhaps* be a hijacked account so perhaps they need to do more investigating ?

was their feedback that bad when you bought from them?

Message 2 of 12
Latest reply

You need to esculate your INR (item not received) case to a CLAIM.

Ebay dont just hand back money, despite their many faults, they're not mind readers.
Go into your case details and esculate it to a claim..... then it will get the refund-ball rolling.

cheers

xxj

********* *********** *********** ************ ************ *********** ***********
Be Kind To Nurses....
They Stop The Doctors From Killing You.
Message 3 of 12
Latest reply

OMG....67.3% + f/b.....something amiss.....ebay obviously aware???
Message 4 of 12
Latest reply

how would you escelate it into a claim?

i tried looking for it but couldnt find

i went to "view details" for my case. i'm assimng that's what you mean by case details

Message 5 of 12
Latest reply

feedback for the seller?

it was about 78% last i checked
Message 6 of 12
Latest reply

Isn't it considered escalating to a claim when you ask eBay to step in?
Message 7 of 12
Latest reply

It's entirely possible that the seller died or something else bad. The last item sold at the end of August. Wouldn't be the first time a seller fell off the perch and was unable to contact buyers to say he had expired.

Message 8 of 12
Latest reply

@*tippy*toes* wrote:

It's entirely possible that the seller died or something else bad. The last item sold at the end of August. Wouldn't be the first time a seller fell off the perch and was unable to contact buyers to say he had expired.

Buyers just want everything doing for them, why can't the consult a Ouija board or crystal ball themselves. Smiley LOL

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 9 of 12
Latest reply

With respect to the OP's opening post, I wonder now still with all of this covid stuff, how the review times have been impacted and with the world teetering on an escalation from "Wars and rumours of wars", what will the process be like down the track?

--------------------------------------------------------

BTW: Thanks to my alerter ~*. I hear "Dossier Dan" is on the kase again.

Message 10 of 12
Latest reply