empty envolope

Hi All

I purchased a ring from the US and the package /envelope arrived but there was a rip in it - looks like it got caught on something - and there was nothing in the parcel.

apart from contacting the seller, am I able to lodge for a refund or is there another way I have to lodge this?

Thanks in advance for the help.

Message 1 of 7
Latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Re: empty envolope

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

If you go down the road of a dispute you need to open a dispute for item not as described rather than not received.  If the seller is able to prove with tracking that you received the envelope then you will lose the dispute.

Your first step should be to contact the seller and I would also suggest that you report the missing item to the police and get a Police Incident Number.  This will help you make a claim on paypal without hitting the seller for a refund.

Message 2 of 7
Latest reply

As mentioned politely contact the seller first and give them a chance to rectify the problem.

It appears it may have been inadequately packaged.

Items in letters often come out when going through the automated sorting machines.

Common with jewellery and coins, usually one of the bottom corners.

image host
Message 3 of 7
Latest reply

was it an expensive ring?

what kind of numbat sends jewlery in an envolope?

i do hope it wasnt very valuable in the case you dont get a refund.

Message 4 of 7
Latest reply

I sent some small metal objects in an envelope to the US.

Same thing happened. I think a sorting machine ripped them out.

Anyway..... I took it on the chin, as being the seller, I'm responsable for packaging....and fully refunded. 

Message 5 of 7
Latest reply

Yep it is an insecure packaging/shipping method issue. ie sellers responsibility. Not saying it shouldn't be done this way, only that it is seller risk to do so.

-------------------------------

ASSUMPTION IS THE MOTHER OF ALL STUFF UPS!!
Message 6 of 7
Latest reply

Maybe I'm cynical but sounds like sticky fingers to me.

The number of times an envelope must be xrayed gives ample opportunities for someone to cut, tear or even just finger mash an envelope to get an item out.

Message 7 of 7
Latest reply