false advertising and sending a different item than what is listed.

I made a purchase of an outboard shaft the one I bought well paid for had a cover over the propeller the one they delivered never had it. To me, it is dangerous their excuse was the supplier has changed it saying it makes the outboard run better. Wrong makes it worse and more dangerous. The seller refuses to remove the false photo. And there is no place to contact eBay about it just gets bounced around the lists back to where you started there is no way to report a seller that I could find.

Message 1 of 8
Latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

How about using the eBay Money Back Guarantee & opening a case for Not As Described?

Message 2 of 8
Latest reply

imastawka
Honored Contributor

And yet you left a green dot saying you were very happy.

Message 3 of 8
Latest reply

The green dot you left saying you are happy

But then expect the seller to remove the listing you are very happy with

You donโ€™t get to have it both ways sorry

It is only going to encourage them to keep listing them

It should have been a big red neg with a warning to others

Why canโ€™t you report the listing?

The contact eBay chat is right there, under eBay help, you need to pick the closest option if nothing matches exactly

but they are likely to see your very happy feedback and ignore you

Message 4 of 8
Latest reply

I presume you are referring to an anti-cavitation plate, would hardly think a prop powered by a 70cc motor

would need one.  They are definitely not a safety device.

Message 5 of 8
Latest reply

You've been a member of ebay since 2003. Surely you know, from those times, that you never leave feedback till you have the product? Or did you get it, think it looked great and only noticed later that the one in the ad looked slightly different?

Just a word of advice for the future. Never leave feedback the second you get something. Give it a few days of use and if you're going to give it, make it more personal about the product or service so people know what the good or bad points were.

Nevertheless, you say the ad photo doesn't match the item and that is a legitimate cause for complaint.

You seem to have bought in the last month. Just go straight into an ebay claim on the basis it is not as described. Ebay isn't interested in a personal chit chat. You'll need to just go into the automatic process of a claim.

If the seller wants it back, he will need to provide you with a postage label. Do the whole thing via ebay.

Message 6 of 8
Latest reply

The seller also has listed the same item part number, but with a motor supplied, extra of course.  That listing shows the obviously older version with the plate and also shows the newer version without the plate, but the model numbers are still the same.  Given the size and design of the item, the plate would be superfluous providing no benefit to performance.  Also it is not designed to protect the prop, nor is it designed to provide safety in any form for items or operators that may come into contact with the  prop.

The plate does not get a mention in either listing.  Wondering how the OP will go convincing ebay that it is

Significantly  Not as Described.

Personally if I was the seller, I would request the item be returned in exchange for the older version.  (as long as they still have an older version)

Message 7 of 8
Latest reply

You're probably right, gutterpunkz. My knowledge of outboard shafts is about zilch. Maybe less.๐Ÿ˜

I'm not convinced that ebay looks deeply into issues though. I think if rover opened a 'significantly not as described' claim and stated it was missing a part shown in the photo in the ad, he could well win. If he's not happy, it is worth a try.

Personally, if I were the seller, I'd remove old stock photos and replace with pictures of what the buyer will actually be getting. Less confusion that way.

Message 8 of 8
Latest reply