false item location

Ebay reporting is flawed by its limited selection options.

For instance, if a listing falsely lists an item as being located domestically, when it turns out to being located overseas, there is no  selection choice to report it.

Ebay is certainly not the only orgainisation to limit their corporate responsibilites to customers by this method of limiting the scope of complaints, while (attempting to be) appearing to be concerned, it should not go unchallenged. 

Message 1 of 8
Latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

false item location

If you check the sellers feedback and place of registration when viewing items you will not have this problem.  Ebay will do nothing about Chinese buyers saying they are in Aust.  By the same token, I have bought a few ites recently that have in fact been in Aust and arrived earlier than I would have expected.  Do your due diligence.

Message 2 of 8
Latest reply

false item location

@stuartvw,

You can still report items where the item location does not match the listing. Click onto the "report item" link, and make your selections as per the options below:

Report category       ⛛  Listing practices

Reason for report     ⛛  Other listing practices

Detailed reason       ⛛  Item location misrepresentation

Mind you, in practice there is really no point in reporting an item where you strongly suspect that the item location has been misrepresented. It's primarily Chinese sellers on eBay who abuse this policy, and eBay China has enabled an easy way for Chinese sellers to get around this by using "just in time fulfilment". (Follow the link to read digital*ghost's description of this in an earlier thread in this Buying board titled ❝When will ebay stop overseas sellers listing their products as in Australia when they are based❞.)

Message 3 of 8
Latest reply

false item location

I didn't know about this profile information.Thanks, I will check in future. However, making excuses for ebay instead of demanding that they act to prevent this behaviour is appeasement which I do not accept and nor shoulfd they.It's calle corporate responsibility.

FYI <Removed> is NOT in Melbourne as indicated in their posts..

Message 4 of 8
Latest reply

false item location

How many times have you contacted eBay and demanded they act? 

By speaking directly with an eBay supervisor that is

Which is what a great many people here have done

How about people stop buying from these scammers, they are the ones keeping them in business 

The seller you mention is listed as being in Hong Kong

Message 5 of 8
Latest reply

false item location

Unfortunately  that only works for items you haven't already received - another example of Ebay's aviodance of corporate integrity..

Another issue with REMOVED that I am unable to report is that the listing fails to mention the following: (this is a direct quote from a message reply from them) and I wonder if this is even possible:

"In order to control the purchase cost, we didn’t buy official warranty.you don't have 1 year manufacturer warranty, no factory warranty.
You have 3 month warranty from us."
Message 6 of 8
Latest reply

false item location

Unfortunately, as has been said, NO warranty from a foreign seller is enforceable. It doesn't matter whether it's 3 months, 1 year or 5 years. It is not enforceable under Australian law.

So if you buy shoddy goods from Asian sellers in future, keep that in mind.

Message 7 of 8
Latest reply

false item location

Judging by your feedback you bought 2 mobile phones from them that are quite likely to be refurbished/fake/faulty. Did you look at their feedback before buying? - that gives you where they are registered which is where the phone's likely to come from.

With 96.7% I wouldn't have bought from them in a fit, especially not a phone or any other electronic goods.

Caveat Emptor.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 8 of 8
Latest reply