feed back time limit.

I placed an order from overseas and I wish to leave feed back for two items ( not yet received) of an order of three. The third item has been received and feed back left.Due to staff not being at work (lockdown), suppliers not being able to deliver stock to the seller because of COVID19 The time for me to give feed back is about to expire. Will feed back still be active because the seller has been unable to send my items. I did pay for these on 16th Dec 2020. I normally leave feed back once the items have been delivered to me. James

Message 1 of 32
Latest reply
31 REPLIES 31

feed back time limit.

You have 60 days from date of purchase to leave feedback.

Most sellers don't sell for feedback. 70% of buyers, from my experience, don't leave it, so your lack wouldn't even be noticed. If you bought them within a week from the same seller, it only counts as one anyway.

Are the items on their way? Do you have tracking? If yes, there is no real need to leave feedback.

Message 2 of 32
Latest reply

feed back time limit.

Thank You for your infomation. No the items have not left. the seller when i last contacted them were hoping the items would be with them by mid February and despatched soon after to me. I do try to leave feed back for everyone I have purchased from and also send a thank you email for their service. I have not had a problem with any seller or their surpplied items and have been an ebay buyer since 2007. James

Message 3 of 32
Latest reply

feed back time limit.

Just be aware that you are probably out of time for an eBay Item Not Received dispute. I certainly wouldn't purchase from a seller who couldn't even ship in 2 months, COVID or not.

I wish you well, though I suspect tears.

Message 4 of 32
Latest reply

feed back time limit.

If you leave a short comment for the items not yet recived you can use the followup function to leave another comment when the items do arrive.

Message 5 of 32
Latest reply

feed back time limit.

@dodge_132 wrote:

I placed an order from overseas and I wish to leave feed back for two items ( not yet received) of an order of three. The third item has been received and feed back left.Due to staff not being at work (lockdown), suppliers not being able to deliver stock to the seller because of COVID19 The time for me to give feed back is about to expire. Will feed back still be active because the seller has been unable to send my items. I did pay for these on 16th Dec 2020. I normally leave feed back once the items have been delivered to me. James

Hi, sorry to hear of your situation. Feedback is an important part of eBay as it is important to many sellers as well as buyers. From a buyer's perspective, looking at feedback can give an idea of how the seller handles things. It can be an invaluable guide! From a seller's perspective, they require it to attract customers. Often I get a slip in the parcel that says ...  "Our feedback is very important to us. Please be sure to leave positive feedback".

Also there's a variation of this which is ....   "Our feedback is very important to us. Please be sure to leave positive feedback. If there's something you're not happy with, please contact us first and we'll work it out".

These days with the way things are in thew world, there are hold ups and two months is not adequate time to leave feedback. It used to be three months. As the experienced and well-rounded eBayer damien_pw notes below,

Re: With Corona affecting postage Ebay should go back to 3 months time to leave feedback instead of

in reply to 4channel

on โ€Ž06-20-2020 02:13 PM

@damien_pw wrote:

The timeframe for leaving feedback was shortened from 90 days to 60 in May 2008, during the wave of policy changes that also eliminated a seller's option to leave neutral or negative feedback.. Before that change, there were also  "back door" ways to leave it later than 90 days if you had the listing number, but the implementation of the 60-day limit also closed the back doors.

https://community.ebay.com.au/t5/Buying/With-Corona-affecting-postage-Ebay-should-go-back-to-3-month...

Since then there have been several more threads about the time limit to leave feedback not being enough.

So the restoration to 3 months is indeed warranted!

Message 6 of 32
Latest reply

feed back time limit.

Thank You to all for the advice. I have full confidence in the seller as I have bought many items from them before with no issues in their prompt service. I do feel sorry for the difficult time that sellers find them selves in and the time frame for feed back should be extended. I thought I recall the time being longer. The items I purchase were also an advanced order pre-production release. The items are now being recieved by other sellers so it is just time before the seller I used gets their stock. Thank you again for all your advice. 

Message 7 of 32
Latest reply

feed back time limit.

The time being longer was in 2008. 13 years ago. Ancient history on the internet. When things were definitely different. eg eBay was a site for small sellers, sellers could leave deserved negative feedback for buyers...

Message 8 of 32
Latest reply

feed back time limit.

@dodge_132 wrote:

Thank You to all for the advice. I have full confidence in the seller as I have bought many items from them before with no issues in their prompt service. I do feel sorry for the difficult time that sellers find them selves in and the time frame for feed back should be extended. I thought I recall the time being longer.

You're welcome mate. That sounds good that you have a good history with that seller. Makes it easier when items are delayed. Let's hope that eBay will look at restoring the FB time back to 90 days. More and more people are talking about this and recent threads prove it. I too had a slow issue with a seller who I have a long history with. Parcel finally arrived either 2 days before or 2 or 3 after the 60 day cut off. Can't remember now. Anyway it was last year.

@dodge_132 wrote:

The items I purchase were also an advanced order pre-production release. The items are now being recieved by other sellers so it is just time before the seller I used gets their stock. Thank you again for all your advice. 

In the situation of pre-production, extra time for FB is an absolute must. Also pre-orders on limited edition items can mean extra extra time needed as the seller doesn't have the item in stock yet.

With economy postage from the US which is less than half the cost of USPS (which is cheaper than GSP) I have so far been lucky and had stuff in a reasonable time. One parcel came in 3 weeks.. Quite a few sellers are offering it now.  But Economy is slower even when it goes on the plane. Even though I had one parcel in 3 weeks and from memory 6 for another, it may take over 2 months.  Also the tracking on it is more or less just basic. I had another item from the US come via economy and the tracking only said that it had left the US and there was nothing until after it arrived, Even on the day it arrived, the tracking just showed it had left the US. Cheap postage yes. But best to have Economy with someone you have a history with or a well-rated seller.

Yeah for whatever shipping method from overseas, definitely more time is needed.

BTW: With buying vintage 1970s and 1980s hi-fi,  an item may have been sitting idle for years before it was bought by the seller. The seller will give it a once or twice over and check all inputs, outputs etc.. "Hmmm, sounds good. OK, I'll list it". Winning bidder or buyer wins , buys item and then waits Smiley Happy  for it to arrive in the mail.  Package is opened and in a day or two the hi-fi component / system is pumping out some great music. Smiley Very Happy Then in a month there is only {{{distortion}}} coming from the left channel.  Smiley MadOr the pre-amp section no longer works. Smiley Sad.  With older electronic items, the components are age sensitive.  They can go at any time.

With the above scenario, time is required to negotiate with the seller and also the item may have to be posted back. 2 months is not enough time.

Message 9 of 32
Latest reply

feed back time limit.

Some items I have ordered have come via USPS, Royal Mail, DHL, and others. One USPS took 8 weeks. and another 2 weeks. Royal Mail usually 3-4 weeks. One from Belgium took 4 1/2 months. the seller could not track it. Belgium Post couild not track it beyond the first scanning, then it turned up at my Post office fortuately undamaged, No tracking history could be found even though it had a tracking label. Ebay definitly needs to extend the FB time limit. The world is a big place when it comes to the delivery of parcels.

Message 10 of 32
Latest reply