google ads

Hello all,this will only be a bit relevent to ebay but i want to know how to stop google ads from showing on ebay and a list of other sites. The content showing is dating sites etc.

I am over google!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Have deleted both my accounts and tryed to remove content showing through support.google.com but it had an error everytime.

If anyone knows the number to call not 0293744000. Already tried that number and they are a bunch of useless *****

Thanks.

Message 1 of 6
Latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Re: google ads

I wish I could stop the K-Mart ads when opening E-bay.

I won't leave the window on E-bay(logged out) now.

Displaying basic google doesn't have ads.

Message 2 of 6
Latest reply

I use Adblock Plus in Firefox and don't see any ads. It is free!

Message 3 of 6
Latest reply

It's not a google problem you're having.. It's most likely malware/spyware/adware that's causing that..

You need to do a malware/spyware scan with your AV software and see what shows up..

Otherwise, if you use Firefox or Chrome, then you can get AdBlock Plus and you won't see any ads

You keep using that word, I do not think it means what you think it means
Message 4 of 6
Latest reply

Google ads are very common on a lot of sites, including eBay. You can't get rid of them, per se, as the advertisers are paying for them to appear - much like on TV, it's not an option to remove them. Adblock Plus (the Firefox add-on mentioned) will block a significant amount of third-party advertising on the web, though.

Message 5 of 6
Latest reply

I don't get any ads.. Even the annoying ones at the start of You Tube videos.

They had this message a while ago: "We can see you use AdBlock plus.. Please consider adding us to your safe list" Pfffftt!

You keep using that word, I do not think it means what you think it means
Message 6 of 6
Latest reply