help with paypal claim?

Hi Guys

My wife sold a item on her ebay ( perfume), The buyer came back to her and said they recieved the sacthel and it was ripped and open and no perfume in it. When I look at the tracking no results come up. The buyer has opened a paypal claim and I sent paypal the email that the buyer sent me and told them they have to ring aus post to open a investigation

Is there anything else I can do? I have never had this happen to me before.

The buyer wants their money back which is understandable , but I am also without the perfume I posted as it seems someone from

auspost has stolen it

Please help, Thanks

Message 1 of 15
Latest reply
14 REPLIES 14

Re: help with paypal claim?

Ebay have a blanket ban on selling perfumes unless you have a dangerous goods license so I would refund without question rather than risk falling foul of Aus Post and/or ebay.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 11 of 15
Latest reply

BUYER said they recieved the sacthel and it was ripped and open and no perfume in it. 

Apart from the perfume in the mail issues, what parcel delivery person would deliver an empty, ripped satchel?

Was the parcel left at the buyers door? If it was,anyone could have stolen the contents. Do theives do that... rip out the contents or steal the whole parcel?

Message 12 of 15
Latest reply

I have had badly damaged parcels delivered by my parcel contractor and they have always had a notation on them that this was the condition of the item when he picked it up at the delivery centre.

I have also had parcels delivered that the been repackaged by AP because the packaging was damaged....they have no idea if the contents are damaged or missing.

Message 13 of 15
Latest reply

When AP deliver a damaged parcel, they first repair it to the best of their ability with special yellow tape which has "Australia Post" printed all over it in red, so it would appear that somebody has stolen the contents after it has been delivered to the buyer's home address, and they presumably pocketed the perfume and left the parcel itself so that anybody looking would see that the parcel was still there.

This would make the recipient responsible and not the seller or AP but the OP may have an issue regarding their not having a Dangerous Goods Licence if the buyer lodges a Paypal claim, particularly if AP become involved.

Message 14 of 15
Latest reply

@m.e.h.1988 wrote:

How do you get this licence?

this is a quote from an Aust post employee on these boards a year or so ago.

To set the record straight, perfume is considered a "Dangerous Good" (see http://auspo.st/gkrogS) and therefore will not be accepted for carriage through domestic or international post. If you have been advised otherwise by staff at your local Post Office, please let me know their details and I will ensure they are re-trained with the correct information.

If you have sent perfume in the mail you will not be covered for loss or damage regardless of the service it was sent through as it is a prohibited item as advertised in the Dangerous Goods Guide (linked above).

As others have mentioned it is possible to send perfume and other dangerous goods provided you have a Dangerous Goods Licence with us, which requires you to undergo special training as well as complete specific paperwork for each parcel. If you would like to discuss the specific costs and requirements of obtaining a Dangerous Goods License contact Aust Post

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
~~ ~~ ~~ Those who do right, have nothing to fear.
Message 15 of 15
Latest reply