help with paypal claim?

Hi Guys

My wife sold a item on her ebay ( perfume), The buyer came back to her and said they recieved the sacthel and it was ripped and open and no perfume in it. When I look at the tracking no results come up. The buyer has opened a paypal claim and I sent paypal the email that the buyer sent me and told them they have to ring aus post to open a investigation

Is there anything else I can do? I have never had this happen to me before.

The buyer wants their money back which is understandable , but I am also without the perfume I posted as it seems someone from

auspost has stolen it

Please help, Thanks

Message 1 of 15
Latest reply
14 REPLIES 14

help with paypal claim?

Have you asked for photos?

They need to take the packing to the PO and ask if that was how they delivered it and get a stat dec advising that was how Aust Post delivered it to you.

I am sure if an item was delivered damaged like that then it would be remembered by the postie.

If paypal refund them call paypal and demand to return your funds as you sent the item and they may very well have claimed it was stolen and a police report is required to get their money back.

I received and empty box and had to get a police report from the police before paypal would refund me.

Message 2 of 15
Latest reply

help with paypal claim?

The buyer cannot ''open an investigation'' only the seller can report it to Aust Post as lost (not sure about stolen from the package).

I suggest that you do so asap so the refund can get underway, could take a few weeks.

More info here- http://www.ebay.com.au/gds/What-to-do-if-Australia-Post-loses-my-item-/10000000001162511/g.html

Good luck!

Message 3 of 15
Latest reply

help with paypal claim?

When an item has been delivered the buyer can take the packing to the PO to start an investigation.

When an item is not received by a buyer ie nothing at all not even an empty package then the seller has to get it looked into.

Message 4 of 15
Latest reply

help with paypal claim?

Unfortunately there is people in this world that like to get things for free. Now im now saying that this is definately what has happened in your case but it would be worth the thought. Prior to Aust Post and Ebay getting together and automatically adding to tracking to parcels i use to have approx 2 people a month saying their parcel " never arrived " since the change i have had ZERO. This is possibly the new found way of being able to get things for free. Its a sad, dishonest world we live in.

Message 5 of 15
Latest reply

help with paypal claim?

I will answer as I did in your other thread.

If you don't have a dangerous goods licence, you are not allowed to post perfume. I would just refund if that is the case.

Message 6 of 15
Latest reply

help with paypal claim?

How do you get this licence?

Message 7 of 15
Latest reply

help with paypal claim?

I tend to believe the buyer, because when I put the tracking in aus post website, nothing comes up, it would at least come up as delievered. But I think someone at auspost throughout the mailing process has taken it.

Message 8 of 15
Latest reply

help with paypal claim?

It is possible to send perfume and other dangerous goods provided you have a Dangerous Goods Licence with us [Aust Post], which requires you to undergo special training as well as complete specific paperwork for each parcel. "
If you would like to discuss the specific costs and requirements of obtaining a Dangerous Goods License, contact Australia Post directly.
 photo GRUMPYCATSIGN_zpsa8f18bba.jpg
Message 9 of 15
Latest reply

help with paypal claim?

Dangerous Goods => Perfume

LOLOL

but then I spose some of those women are pretty heavy handed with it at times, eh? sometimes they smell klike they bathed in it!

but still

hahaha

Some people can go their whole lives and never really live for a single minute.
Message 10 of 15
Latest reply