how do i get my money back from a seller when ebay and paypal wont help ?

i bought a phone and the seller refunded the money and asked me to pay as a friend instead of for goods which i did without thinking ..

they then changed the price on it and it still comes up under my name at the lower price aswell as the price i paid ebay and paypal wont do anything about it even though i still used paypal to pay for it  what can i do ?

Message 1 of 17
Latest reply
16 REPLIES 16

Re: how do i get my money back from a seller when ebay and paypal wont help ?

@collect247 wrote:

Can OP report the seller?

OP paid via PayPal using the pay a friend.

And as far as the seller is concerned they refunded OP

Paypal refunded the buyer/Op and that's the only transaction Paypal will record for the phone transaction.

The Op then paid the seller using the friend payment system so there is no record of any transaction that 

payment was made for and Paypal's records will show it wasn't a payment for an item so they have no

protection in place for that so no refund can/will be made.

They can report the seller to eBay and or Paypal but as they have no proof that a payment was made for the

phone then there isn't much chance that they can help.

There is a safe way in place for transactions on eBay but as the Op didn't use it there is no protection.

Message 11 of 17
Latest reply

@imastawka wrote:

The seller refunded the original payment and then asked to be paid again - using the pay a friend option.

I know that that's why nothing can be done with the way OP paid the second time round.

Message 12 of 17
Latest reply

@go-tazz wrote:

@collect247 wrote:

Can OP report the seller?

OP paid via PayPal using the pay a friend.

And as far as the seller is concerned they refunded OP

Paypal refunded the buyer/Op and that's the only transaction Paypal will record for the phone transaction.

The Op then paid the seller using the friend payment system so there is no record of any transaction that 

payment was made for and Paypal's records will show it wasn't a payment for an item so they have no

protection in place for that so no refund can/will be made.

They can report the seller to eBay and or Paypal but as they have no proof that a payment was made for the

phone then there isn't much chance that they can help.

There is a safe way in place for transactions on eBay but as the Op didn't use it there is no protection.

That's what I said,the first payment was refunded so transaction is complete done and dusted.

The second transaction pay a friend was used so it is also done and dusted,nothing will be done.

All that can be seen from PayPals point of view is a refund was given for a sale transaction so case closed.

Payment made to a friend oops on OPs behalf as nothing can be done to recoup money back.

Like I said if the seller has any ounce of decency in them they will post the item.

Message 13 of 17
Latest reply

Like I said if the seller has any ounce of decency in them they will post the item.

But the seller hasn't got an ounce of decency or they would have honoured the original eBay sale.

Message 14 of 17
Latest reply

@davewil1964 wrote:

But the seller hasn't got an ounce of decency or they would have honoured the original eBay sale.

If.

Hasn't could be changed to maybe IF somehow persuaded Woman Wink

Message 15 of 17
Latest reply

How? The seller has deliberately decided to scam an ingenue. Only the threat of enforceable legal processes has any likelihood of having an impact. And only then if the seller is a registered Australian business.

Message 16 of 17
Latest reply

Well if it's the seller in the US some of their feedback shows they're not up to scratch so hey OP should put a rocket up the sellers

butt and demand their money back and threaten legal action.

But it looks like it's the seller in China so good luck with that one!

Message 17 of 17
Latest reply