how dosellers get away with not sending the correct item & ebay favours the seller your not covered

Message 1 of 16
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

how dosellers get away with not sending the correct item & ebay favours the seller your not covered

They don't

Did you follow policy and open the correct dispute (and follow through with it?)

Was the item excluded from the MBG?

You need to let other member here know what actually happened

If for example, a buyer opens an item not received dispute, rather than not as described, the buyer won't be covered 

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 16
Latest reply
15 REPLIES 15

They don't

Did you follow policy and open the correct dispute (and follow through with it?)

Was the item excluded from the MBG?

You need to let other member here know what actually happened

If for example, a buyer opens an item not received dispute, rather than not as described, the buyer won't be covered 

Message 2 of 16
Latest reply

The more I read - the more I worry about buyers and their ability to actually read.
Message 3 of 16
Latest reply

it was disputed by me as not arrived, when i asked the seller he inored it so i put in a complaint, so now its been esculated as they said i had no MBG why i dont know it was the wrong item, so its being reviewed, i did tell the seller and sent photo of the item i recieved and that it was not the same as the one i had ordered, wrong item sents
Message 4 of 16
Latest reply

Ok, so you incorrectly opened an item not received dispute,

which you DID get something, which eBay could see, hence ruled in the seller's favour.

Had you actually open the correct dispute (not as described) there would have been no issue.

eBay have no way of knowing you got the wrong thing, only that you DID get something when you claimed you had'nt.

That is why

Message 5 of 16
Latest reply

You've been on Ebay 20 years and don't know how to open the proper dispute?

๐Ÿค”

Message 6 of 16
Latest reply

There you go.

You opened a dispute for not received when you had received. QED

Message 7 of 16
Latest reply

When I opened the first dispute, my item had not arrived.

Message 8 of 16
Latest reply

It took some time, before I could open the appeal on the grounds item received but not the item in the picture or description or my purchase.

Which I had contacted the seller and had explained, a few times that this is not what I ordered.

Message 9 of 16
Latest reply

Okay, it is sounding as if you opened 2 disputes, separated in time.

First was an item not received.

Had the item's estimated date of delivery already passed? 

If you open an ebay dispute too early, before that date has passed, then I presume ebay would give it more time.

Was there a tracking number to show you where the item was? If there is no tracking number, it is harder for a seller to win a case (once the estimated arrival date has passed).

Did you escalate the claim as soon as you could? (assuming the item was overdue)

As far as I know, it is possible to open an item not as described after an item not received claim on ebay, in the event that an item does eventually arrive but differs significantly from what you ordered.

Did you then upload photos of what you got & describe what was wrong (when making your ebay claim).

Did you follow through? You can't just make a claim and let it sit as it will eventually time out.

Did you make your claim within the allowable time frame? This would be within the month of the estimated arrival date, I think. Had your item been overdue by this amount of time, I assume you would have won your first claim, so I am thinking the item must have arrived soon after the ETA,  when you had the first claim open.

You say it took some time to open the second dispute. I suspect you would still only have the 30 day window.

I don't know what it is you bought, not every category is covered by MBG but most of the usual things are.

If you genuinely get nowhere with ebay, try a paypal claim if you paid that way.

Message 10 of 16
Latest reply