ipad air tablet offered at way below expected price by seller with no feedback

yabby23
Community Member

Anyone seen this apple ipad air offered at a buy-it-now price of $135.38? The seller is marte-myun. I asked a question but no response, and now it says 'last one -8 items sold in one hour'... is this a scam or what??

Message 1 of 8
Latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

If it looks like a Scam & sticks like a Scam & your gut feeling tells you it's a Scam, it's a Scam. Avoid it and repot it. Also you can't name sellers on here. It will be removed shortly by the mods. Best to put the item number in next time. 🙂 

Message 2 of 8
Latest reply

OK, thanks; my gut feeling says 'no'... I imagine a new (genuine) ipad air (32gb) at that price wouldn't have a buy-it-now price much below $500 - I thought the seller might have been inexperienced & put buy-it-now in error. Also, as I've been watching the item it has now ended, with '10 sold' beside the price of $135.38 ...hmm, then how come the seller has (0) beside the name after 10 transactions?? Think I'm happy I missed out!

Oh, and sorry i was inexperienced myself not knowing you couldn't name sellers... oops... won't mind if it's deleted.

Message 3 of 8
Latest reply

🙂 🙂 It's always best to ask. Yeah, it looked dodgy to say the very least. You should be happy you didn't part with your $$$. The old rule to remember, If it looks to good to be true, it aint true. Well done for spotting it though. 🙂 

Message 4 of 8
Latest reply

if it looks too good to be true, it usually is.
Message 5 of 8
Latest reply

It's one of the NUMEROUS daily FRAUDULENT listings on this site for non existent items listed by  SCAMMERS using copy/paste of real sellers' listings.

Here's a relevant thread:

http://community.ebay.com.au/t5/Computers-Electronics/Why-are-ther-so-many-bogus-sellers-around-for-...

Message 6 of 8
Latest reply

Thanks guys... nearly became part of the 'stupid' category,... interesting to read that other link. Ciao 🙂
Message 7 of 8
Latest reply

The Seller is no longer registered.

Message 8 of 8
Latest reply