iphone5s scam *****urgent*****

Last night we were scammed when we purchased an iphone from someone with the username <Removed>. Usually we are very careful when buying anything from ebay, but last night we got duped  about an hour after we bought the phone we got an email from ebay saying the item had been removed, then when we went to contact the seller we discovered they had deactivated thier account. On further investigation today we discovered that this user duplicated an ad that actually belongs to an online ebay store <Removed> who are legitiamte ebay sellers. They even used thier location, and terms and conditions etc.  I spoke to <Removed> this morning who informed me they had been getting calls all morning about this from other ebay users who also bought the item.  I have taken the appropriate steps, with both ebay and paypal to get my money back but it will take a couple of weeks. I have read today that ebay is having alot of problems with iphone 5s scams.  I did speak to ebay last night but they were uselss and couldn't give me any information. They couldn't even explain to me what the email that THEY sent me meant.

I would be very interested in hearing from anyone else who got sucked in by these same people  or any similar stories as they may be related. 

Message 1 of 84
Latest reply
83 REPLIES 83

cq_tech
Community Member
Sellers can't deactivate their accounts so quickly and it would have been ebay who did so. As you've lodged the necessary dispute with Paypal you'll get your money back without any problems though.
Message 2 of 84
Latest reply

Thanks for the reply. I am sure I will get my money back.  I am just interested in spreading the word about this person 🙂

Message 3 of 84
Latest reply

No point in spreading the word about that particular ID as it has been de-activated by ebay.

Now the question is what ID will they start up next time.

You are one of the lucky ones....the fraudulent listings were reported to ebay who acted very quickly in notifying you of the removal of the seller.   You will get your money back promptly without waiting for weeks before the scam was discovered.

Message 4 of 84
Latest reply

Yes you were very lucky.

Unfortunately the buyers of these  at the top of the page , from 0 feedback IDs which are all SCAMS ,

reported when live and when completed but reports ignored, will probably be waiting for their non existent ipads to arrive in the mail:

http://tinyurl.com/n5hp85v

delinquent77

Beware of spoof/phishing emails you may receive. Don't open them and don't click on any links.

Run all your spyware, keylogging and virus protection and change all your passwords regularly.

Message 5 of 84
Latest reply

I would like to physically find them 

Message 6 of 84
Latest reply

why?

Some people can go their whole lives and never really live for a single minute.
Message 7 of 84
Latest reply

@*crikey*mate* wrote:

why?

Maybe insert the non-existant iPhone somewhere???????????

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 8 of 84
Latest reply

I don't think that this thread is about dots....

Some people can go their whole lives and never really live for a single minute.
Message 9 of 84
Latest reply

The current live listing has just received a neg stating it's a scam,pardon.gif

Message 10 of 84
Latest reply