iphone5s scam *****urgent*****

Last night we were scammed when we purchased an iphone from someone with the username <Removed>. Usually we are very careful when buying anything from ebay, but last night we got duped  about an hour after we bought the phone we got an email from ebay saying the item had been removed, then when we went to contact the seller we discovered they had deactivated thier account. On further investigation today we discovered that this user duplicated an ad that actually belongs to an online ebay store <Removed> who are legitiamte ebay sellers. They even used thier location, and terms and conditions etc.  I spoke to <Removed> this morning who informed me they had been getting calls all morning about this from other ebay users who also bought the item.  I have taken the appropriate steps, with both ebay and paypal to get my money back but it will take a couple of weeks. I have read today that ebay is having alot of problems with iphone 5s scams.  I did speak to ebay last night but they were uselss and couldn't give me any information. They couldn't even explain to me what the email that THEY sent me meant.

I would be very interested in hearing from anyone else who got sucked in by these same people  or any similar stories as they may be related. 

Message 1 of 84
Latest reply
83 REPLIES 83

It looks like a couple of IDs are buying one of all the scam listings between them and leaving negative feedback straight away.

They were all reported ages ago.

Message 11 of 84
Latest reply

It looks like a couple of IDs are buying one of all the scam listings between them and leaving negative feedback straight away.

"Be careful , this is a scam"

and now a Scammer ID is following up all the negative feedback  immediately after buying with:

"Good seller, I have received my ipad gift! Thank you"

Message 12 of 84
Latest reply

It's amazing just how many Australian scammers are using directly-copied listing from US sellers and they don't even have the intelligence to change the postage method from USPS to AP, yet people are still getting sucked in. Go figure.
Message 13 of 84
Latest reply

Thank you ebay for finally starting to remove some of the completed SCAM listings for  Ipads.

Better late than never !

I believe the multiple item  fraudulent listings for ipads to be Chinese Scammers.

They use locations such as Erskineville, Northern Territory, Australia,...East Warburton, Queensland, Australia....Willetton Perth, South Australia, Australia and other rubbish

And here we go again, with ebay still promoting them on the side of the search page under  Popular > See Suggestions

http://www.ebay.com.au/sch/iPads-Tablets-eReaders-/171485/i.html?_from=R40&_nkw=apple+ipad&rt=nc&_pp...

Message 14 of 84
Latest reply

I use qld australia - but I am not chinese and I don't sell iPads

you have to remember too, that eBay can only remove items once they are sure they are scammers, it takes time to investigate - they can't just do it on our sayso iykwim?

and if it takes em a while, might be cos they're working through the coloured rose seeds or any of the other multitude of scam listings on here daily - there must be zillions!

and Trust and safety have been pretty snowed under lately with the hacker thing and password change thing.

Some people can go their whole lives and never really live for a single minute.
Message 15 of 84
Latest reply

"you have to remember too, that eBay can only remove items once they are sure they are scammers, it takes time to investigate - they can't just do it on our sayso iykwim?"

Sorry,  but are you serious ?

Blind Freddie can see they're all SCAMS

Message 16 of 84
Latest reply

still need proof.

when it comes to law,

it doesn't matter what you believe.

It doesn't matter what you can see.

It doesn't matter what you know.

It only matters what you can prove.

Message 17 of 84
Latest reply

I mean this in the nicest possible way but now you're starting to look a little bit silly.

Buyers get caught out in these SCAMS, have a bad experience, never return to ebay and tell all their friends about their bad experience.

They tell them how their details can be passed around to other criminals around the world.

This hurts all sellers.

ebay needs to be more pro-active in stopping all these SCAMS

Message 18 of 84
Latest reply

I understand what you are sayiong, but they have to follow the law.

so be as nice as you want to, it still doesn't negate that one tiny little fact.

Message 19 of 84
Latest reply

Blind freddie aint gonna pay their legal bills if they get it wriong and call an innocent party a scammer.

so they have to make sure they have ebnough evidence on every listing/seller that is reported or crosses their radar, and remember they probably have quite a few/

Message 20 of 84
Latest reply