is this item fake?

sezeling
Community Member

hi guys

i just bought an item at a ridiculously low price (200$ with free postage) while fair market price should be somewhere around 600$.

basically it is a ferrari resin model made by bbr and i check the detailed description and make sure everthing is ok, i paid via paypal and the item support paypal money back policy as well. the feedback of this seller is 100% and it seems fine but i am still worried since it is almost impossible to buy such a bargain!! i am quite good at model cars and there is no way they make something copycat to replace the authentic ones, so what should i do? is this fake for obvious reasons or should i wait since the seller just mark it as shipped?

Message 1 of 93
Latest reply
92 REPLIES 92

Re: is this item fake?

And she could pass it around when she's finished with it Smiley LOL

Message 82 of 93
Latest reply

http://feedback.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback2&userid=turnbull082011&myworld=true&items=...

wonderful guys  over 15 buyers have reported this seller and negative feedback left   wo got him refund would be available tomorrow through paypal

Message 83 of 93
Latest reply

Quite a few of those negs indicate to me that the buyers don't know they can get a refund. So, they haven't got him. The scammer got away with a few thousand bucks. Which means, he'll hijack another account and start all over again. He now knows it's worth his while.

I'm glad to hear you're getting a refund though. The scammer still has your money, PayPal will provide the refund. Makes it a bittersweet refund.

Message 84 of 93
Latest reply

I wish there was a way of letting the other buyers know, it's so wrong that they get scammed when eBay has the ability to do something about their plight and chooses not to

angry face.png

Message 85 of 93
Latest reply

@mbselections00 wrote:

I wish there was a way of letting the other buyers know, it's so wrong that they get scammed when eBay has the ability to do something about their plight and chooses not to

angry face.png

That's another reason for the hidden bidder ID as I used to message 5 of the buyers to let them know

how to get a refund and then asked them to message others.

But you can't do that anymore so there is less money they have to pay out to members that have been

scammed.

If a seller is NARU'd then there is supposed to be a system in place where all the scammed members get

refunded,(all scammers should be reported via the Help & Contact link at the top of any eBay page as that

is the most successful way of getting it actioned).

Message 86 of 93
Latest reply

@go-tazz wrote:

That's another reason for the hidden bidder ID as I used to message 5 of the buyers to let them know

how to get a refund and then asked them to message others.

But you can't do that anymore so there is less money they have to pay out to members that have been

scammed.

If a seller is NARU'd then there is supposed to be a system in place where all the scammed members get

refunded,(all scammers should be reported via the Help & Contact link at the top of any eBay page as that

is the most successful way of getting it actioned).

tazz  that was so very kind of you Heart  Perhaps one of the reasons eBay made the ID's hidden - just to save themselves some money ?  Nothing would surprise me I'm afraid.  They shouldn't only refund if the seller is NARU'd, they should refund automatically when they can see something has gone terribly wrong, for whatever reason - like in that case of the member disappearing. 

I just wish they would realize how much damage results from these sort of incidents.  Yet they're always appearing to Sellers to be concerned about the buyer having a good experience - pffttt

Message 87 of 93
Latest reply

I used to message buyers too and they were all so grateful. I doubt eBay would bother telling them because by now the scammer is long gone with the ill gotten gains, so any refunds would have to come out of eBay's/PayPal's pocket. They don't want to be out of pocket, so it's tough luck for the buyer.

They always go on about looking after buyers to keep them coming back, yet situations like this will see a lot leave and never come back. It makes no sense.

Message 88 of 93
Latest reply

Could OP leave feedback suggesting other buyers who have not received need to contact paypal or would that be breaking the rules ?

Message 89 of 93
Latest reply

OP could, but OP has already left feedback. I guess they could reply to it to try and get buyers attention, but who knows how many would go back and read the feedback again after being disgruntled? It wouldn't hurt to try though. It might help other buyers who haven't left feedback yet.

Message 90 of 93
Latest reply