is this item fake?

sezeling
Community Member

hi guys

i just bought an item at a ridiculously low price (200$ with free postage) while fair market price should be somewhere around 600$.

basically it is a ferrari resin model made by bbr and i check the detailed description and make sure everthing is ok, i paid via paypal and the item support paypal money back policy as well. the feedback of this seller is 100% and it seems fine but i am still worried since it is almost impossible to buy such a bargain!! i am quite good at model cars and there is no way they make something copycat to replace the authentic ones, so what should i do? is this fake for obvious reasons or should i wait since the seller just mark it as shipped?

Message 1 of 93
Latest reply
92 REPLIES 92

Re: is this item fake?

The problem is that follow up feedback has to be carefully worded as any mention of a dispute means it will be

automatically removed,(which is another money saver for them and it makes out that there are no problems),stubborn_smiley_by_mirz123-d4bt0te_zps12f1a5a3.gif

I've also reported the one selling the MR model and various other cars,(26 in total at $139 to $199).

Message 91 of 93
Latest reply

actually this seller owned a number of other IDs to do the same trick, the exact reason why i found this is that the item he copied is actually a partnership product whose selling right  exclusively belongs to the original seller which i actually knew. so that's why i caught him. 

now the case is closed, and paypal sent me the email which said that refund would be available in my account within 5 days and they would take some necessary actions against the scammer. 

i guess the biggest lesson here is what others said before, if the item is too good to be true, then avoid it. 

thx guys i really appreciate your help during this incident.  once again, thx very much. Smiley Very Happy

Spoiler

Message 92 of 93
Latest reply

wonderful, refund already received in paypal account. great.

Message 93 of 93
Latest reply