is this item fake?

sezeling
Community Member

hi guys

i just bought an item at a ridiculously low price (200$ with free postage) while fair market price should be somewhere around 600$.

basically it is a ferrari resin model made by bbr and i check the detailed description and make sure everthing is ok, i paid via paypal and the item support paypal money back policy as well. the feedback of this seller is 100% and it seems fine but i am still worried since it is almost impossible to buy such a bargain!! i am quite good at model cars and there is no way they make something copycat to replace the authentic ones, so what should i do? is this fake for obvious reasons or should i wait since the seller just mark it as shipped?

Message 1 of 93
Latest reply
92 REPLIES 92

is this item fake?

sezeling
Community Member

the seller id is [removed for privacy] and the item number is 272221392691. the seller seems to be based in au however the item location is described as Hongkong, so that's why i think it is suspicious.

Message 2 of 93
Latest reply

is this item fake?

if you suspected this to be fake then why bid on it in the first place? if item doesnt arrive within 21 days then promptly open an Item Niot Received case and DO NOT take any excuses from the seller.

Message 3 of 93
Latest reply

is this item fake?

I have no idea about models, and even if I did the seller could have used a stock photo, but what I do know is that if something seems too good to be true, it usually is...

The 100% positive feedback the seller has is still relatively low (less than 100) and so far it all seems to be from hats / caps, not model cars. 

All you can do now is wait until you receive the model (you may be able to request a cancellation from the seller if the item is not yet shipped, but they are not obliged to agree).  

Message 4 of 93
Latest reply

is this item fake?

I would be concerned given they've sold a heap of low priced items to get enough feedback whereby PayPal no longer holds their payments for 21 days, and now they are selling higher priced items at a far cheaper price than what they should be. Alarm bells are ringing here. It's also interesting that all 5 cars sold within 7 minutes of each other. The listings are also now private and there is no reason why they should be, especially when the cheap items they sold weren't private.

Please come back and let us know the outcome of this transaction. I hope it all works out for you.

Message 5 of 93
Latest reply

is this item fake?

thanks i will let everyone know.

Message 6 of 93
Latest reply

is this item fake?

now this guy list another two the item number is 272223012935 and as what you guys said one was sold immedicately in less than 1 hour so i highly suspect the validity of this item, i think i might contact the seller to find out what is really going on and hopefully i could find a solution ASAP.

Message 7 of 93
Latest reply

is this item fake?

The same car sold for $890 in an auction on the 18th so why is the seller only asking $200?

Ask them that.

Message 8 of 93
Latest reply

is this item fake?

Private auctions.

My guess seller has friends bid up and make the market value of these appear more than they are.

Or could be a hijacked account as no feedback has come in on cars it appears.

image host
Message 9 of 93
Latest reply

is this item fake?

Surely you are not expecting the seller to give you a truthful answer if there is anything shonky going on?

All you are doing is giving him a chance to end the listings before they are reported to ebay, which he will surely do if he thinks he has been found out.

If he has posted the item just wait for it to arrive and be ready to pounce...start a dispute to get your money back and report any active listings as suspicious.

Message 10 of 93
Latest reply